Sign in to follow this  
gelsw

Newby To Air Supension

While I can somewhat imagine how the air suspension works have not been able to find a reference or explanation of the parts and how it works, suggestions?

Gary

Gary,

If you could list the Make, Model, year and chassis we can better help. If you know the maker of your leveler/air suspension you might go on their web site and see if they have a manual you can down load. Each time I have had a problem with something on our coach I will go to he Mfg. site and download their manual. Of course I have a large library now.

Good luck.

Herman  

2016 Winnie Forza 38R Freightliner XCS chassis ( never dreamed I would be joining a chassis and tire group before) with 340 HP Cummins ISB 6.7L. Allison 6 speed 2500 MH transmission.

Link to coach: http://winnebagoind.com/products/class-a-diesel/2015/forza/overview

Link to chassis: http://www.fcccrv.com/coaches/

Click on 2016 Forza 38R.

Here is a brief overview with the key components :

You have an engine driven air compressor.  Air goes from it to the air dryer where moisture and oil are removed.  From the air dryer to storage tanks.  Likely you have two ride height valves on the rear axle and one on the front that control air to the air bags. 

You will have additional components depending on whether you have jacks or air leveling.

Gary,

Also look for a valve with an air hose chuck. It can be used to air up the tires if necessary with a purchased air hose and equipment.  It is also used should you ever have to be towed (hope never) as the tow truck driver will plug into it to allow the air suspension to air up.