rpethtal

Need CG Near Manhattan, NY

Go to the Campground thread way down the main topics page, click on that, and drop down some to campgrounds offering NYC tours. If you want to go to Manhattan, the one that jLeamont describes will get you the closest, but Tom Butler always has a lot to offer too.

I have this picture in my mind of an RV Park in Manhattan. Several RVs sitting on cinder blocks with Graffiti all over the sides.:lol:

Just Kidding New York.:wub:

Herman 

LOL, sort off what I thought.  I would get a nice quiet park in Conn and take public transportation.  Sorry, but no way this coach is going into NYC !

Carl

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 3:29 PM, ObedB said:

Go to the Campground thread way down the main topics page, click on that, and drop down some to campgrounds offering NYC tours. If you want to go to Manhattan, the one that jLeamont describes will get you the closest, but Tom Butler always has a lot to offer too.

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 8:07 AM, Elkhartjim said:

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 8:07 AM, Elkhartjim said:

Many thanks for the NYC referrals! Very helpful!!

On 7/2/2016 at 8:07 AM, Elkhartjim said:

That's where we stayed, easy to get to from I-278 just one right turn at a light.

No sewer but they have a honey wagon service. I just paid them up front and hung a sign on that door, everyday we would return and the tanks were empty.

It's in Jersey City, 500 feet away from the CG is the water ferry to ground zero. It was cheap and easy to use. Some sites are tight we stayed in a site that was facing the marina, which is full of Yachts and large sail boats. For what it is and its location, it worked great for us. We never felt unsafe, and you are also within walking distance to some high-end restaurants.

Here's our site at Liberty Harbor:

campsite.JPG