hdsechols

Electrical

Have a 2008 Gulfstream Yellowstone on a Freightliner chassis powered by Cummins 300 hp diesel.  While driving, noticed engine a/c not working.  Checked power seat, wipers and they were also not working.  

Arrived @ camp site and jacks and slides not working.  Changed solenoid and noticed that it was too hot to touch, even though all systems are functioning . Any thoughts on issue?

hdsechols,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Of the non-functioning systems, certainly the dash A/C and wipers are in the ignition-controlled circuits.  Power seats could be or could be in the house battery bank.

What solenoid did you change?  Was it the ignition solenoid?  And, did you go back with the correct amp-rated solenoid and verify that it is a "constant duty" and not "intermittent duty" solenoid?

Have you checked your circuit breakers and "sales man Switch"  you may have accidentally turned it off...it's generally by the door, touch pad or rocker switch.  It will shut everything off as you described!

Carl 

Any recommendations for a HD 12v Constant duty relay? My salesman switch relay is bypassed and I would like it to function for winter storage. At the moment I have a Trombetta 114-1211-020 which looks like it has been replaced before. Hoping for a better one that will last longer.

thoughts?

13 minutes ago, jleamont said:

Any recommendations for a HD 12v Constant duty relay? My salesman switch relay is bypassed and I would like it to function for winter storage. At the moment I have a Trombetta 114-1211-020 which looks like it has been replaced before. Hoping for a better one that will last longer.

thoughts?

Try NAPA I think to old number for a continuous duty relay is a ST85 but I think it has been superseded.  If you look on eBay for an electric golf cart relay you can get one there also.

If I remember correctly the continuous duty 12 Volt Solenoid is a #55. They run the gamete on pricing. The last one I got was around $24.00 at O'Reillys and came with a life time warranty.

Herman