jmdvison

Norcold Fridge Won't Start On LP

2003 Norcold 1200LRIM won't start on LP when disconnected from shore power.  Must be manually cycled numerous time to finally start on LP.  Then will only run for 2-4 hours.  I have cleaned the burner, checked striker distance to ground.  Control board maybe?

Jmdvison,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum! 

At times the rust build up under the burner can cause intermittent operation. Have you tried to use compressed air to blow out that area? Just make sure your eyes are covered and second have you cleaned the control circuit board contacts with a clean pencil eraser?  Have you cleaned the flue stack for the gas section? When things start to get close the set temperature, the flame will throttle down and there could be a draft issue with the lower heat flow up the stack. Circuit connections for the Gas valve can also cause the problem or low voltage at the connection(s) for the valve.

Intermittent item(s) can be caused by a control board, but unit all the little details are covered it could still be an issue.

Rich.

2 minutes ago, jmdvison said:

What should the voltage reading be at the gas valve?

12.0+ VDC.  Really, it should be within a few tenths of a volt of house battery voltage.

Make sure the wire connections  (back of refrigerator are clean (not corroded) and tight.  If the wire is not clean copper, cut off a little of it, exposing clean wire.

1 hour ago, jmdvison said:

Are we looking at Battery voltage at the gas valve?  I have 4-6v batteries a year old, and power panel inside coach shows full charge.

Thanks, Jeff

Jeff, welcome to the forum, check the voltage at the batteries.Turn all power to the coach off and let the surface charge disparate to get a true reading. You might turn on the headlights for 30 sec to do it.

Ok Correction, as I had my memory jogged,(thanks Brett) The headlights are off the start battery not the house. SO turn on some interior lights for a a minute or so.  

Bill

Edited by WILDEBILL308
Correct brain Fxxx.

Finally adjusted the striker closer to the burner.....I cleaned the contacts,  then was looking at the flu, and noticed the striker was about an inch from the burner.(must have bumped it taking the burner out to clean it)  That did it..

Thanks for the input everyone.....

7 hours ago, jmdvison said:

Finally adjusted the striker closer to the burner.....I cleaned the contacts,  then was looking at the flu, and noticed the striker was about an inch from the burner.(must have bumped it taking the burner out to clean it)  That did it..

Jeff, glad the item was simple when found, The little details can be so frustrating !

Good job and thanks for posting your find.

Rich.

7 hours ago, jmdvison said:

Jeff, glad the item was simple when found, The little details can be so frustrating !

Good job and thanks for posting your find.

Rich.