Sign in to follow this  
96beavermontereycatdiesel

'96 Beaver Monterey Cat Diesel

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

With the Caterpillar 3126, oil capacity would depend on whether you have the shallow or deep pan.  Please copy down your engine serial number and call the Caterpillar RV Hotline at 877 777-3126.

They can tell you with certainty.

OIl-- two very popular choices you can get anywhere (like Walmart): Shell Rotella T 15-40. Delo 400 15-40.

You will have no problem finding the oil drain plug. 

Don't know where your oil fill is.

Just now, wolfe10 said:

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

With the Caterpillar 3126, oil capacity would depend on whether you have the shallow or deep pan.  Please copy down your engine serial number and call the Caterpillar RV Hotline at 877 777-3126.

They can tell you with certainty.

OIl-- two very popular choices you can get anywhere (like Walmart): Shell Rotella T 15-40. Delo 400 15-40.

You will have no problem finding the oil drain plug. 

Thank you so much for your help!

I think it is admirable that you would like to do your own oil changes.  Let me ask you a few questions.

Do you have a catch pan large enough to capture 5 to 6 gallons of used oil?

Do you have a way to get under the coach to grease every zirk fittings?

Also you will need to dispose of the oil, filters and be able to restart the coach if you forget to fill both fuel filters.

Just my thoughts.

Herman 

A word of caution,"DO NOT CRAWL UNDER ANY COACH WITH AIR BAGS WHILE THEY ARE AIRED UP", without proper blocking or adequate jack stands. Anything can happen, and crawling out from under a coach that has dropped for any reason is not fun, if one can still crawl. Yes it is admirable for anyone to do as much maintenance themselves, but use all safety precautions.