F455169

LLC For Motorhome

If you will type in LLC in the search box at the top of this (the FMCA Forum) page, you will get a list of past discussions.  One of the most extensive is this one which has a number of cautions to consider before making the decision to go this route.

I copied this from the PA CDL thread, there is very good point brought up in here; I highlighted it in bold and under lined it.

I am a retired Police / DOT Enforcement Officer from 1986-2011. 

Weighmaster, Haz-Mat and Cargo tank inspector.

Class A CDL holder and driver / trainer.

If you run any kind of business from your RV (traveling to car shows to sell Model A parts), you are in fact a real CMV and will need DOT authority, medical card, full CDL, logbooks and apportioned plates  etc.  And remember, a CMV is any vehicle used in commerce over 10,000 lbs registered weight that crosses a state line and if within the state ( PA), anything over 17,000 lbs.  So a 15,000 lb Class B MH which is used in any kind of commercial enterprise that goes out of state is a CMV and will need everything except a CDL and apportioned tags.  Yes, a medical card is needed for all CMV's even if a CDL is not a requirement.  A 9,000 lb truck pulling a 4,000 lb trailer in any kind of commerce across a state line is a CMV.   9000+4000=13,000.

Just for clarification; CMV is Commercial Motor Vehicle.

LLC's = you got a business.  It does not mean that your business crosses State lines or is sold at RV showes/Rallies, it does not have anything to do with your RV!  You are on vacation...problem comes into play, with drivers license, voter registration, residence, in other words...move to Montana or Oregon and then no more worries!

As Tom noted, we went around on this subject a bunch in 2014 & 15!

Enough said

Carl