glsponchos

Road Light

I have a 2010 Allegro Bus 43QGP.  On the main switch console, on the left as you enter the coach, there is a button on the bottom right that says road light.  I can't figure out what it does.  The manual refers to it, but doesn't explain.  My dealer service dept. didn't know either.  Any ideas ?

If you look at your MH, near each wheel you will find some lights that are angled down and towards the rear. These are you road lights, handy when backing into a site at night

2 hours ago, campcop said:

If you look at your MH, near each wheel you will find some lights that are angled down and towards the rear. These are you road lights, handy when backing into a site at night

All manufacturers have different names for these lights, American Coach calls them "docking lights."

Back 49 years ago ( 1967), we didn't drive with our lights on  except at dark thirty.  As soon as you put the coach in reverse, your rear lights came on, not the red brake light, but bright white lights.  Then in 1981, we had Docking lights. 1 on each side of coach, right behind drive axle and the two back lights.  Ever since, we have had the docking lights!  

In the mid 1980's we got the B and W back up camera!  Prior to that, we had a rear window and a rear mirror mounted under the front TV (think small) and a crank antenna...That crashed against tree limbs and had to be replaced...ugh!

Carl

Road light, if that is in fact controlling dock lights that's a bit misleading. I wouldn't recommend using them while on the road as implied by the name. We have two switches Rear dock lights and Side dock lights. They are great when pulling into a dark campsite. Scare lights are still comical:D

I was wrong, the docking lights are the ones over the wheels. The roadlight is the light on the DS, usually located over the wet bay area. It's usually yellow and I can't tell you how many times it was switched one for days with no one noticing it.

4 hours ago, campcop said:

I was wrong, the docking lights are the ones over the wheels. The roadlight is the light on the DS, usually located over the wet bay area. It's usually yellow and I can't tell you how many times it was switched one for days with no one noticing it.

What is the purpose of the light?

I have no idea, it may be if you are parked on the side of the road, it offers a light on the lane next to you. I have used it when it's dark and need to hook up in a campground.

22 minutes ago, campcop said:

I have no idea, it may be if you are parked on the side of the road, it offers a light on the lane next to you. I have used it when it's dark and need to hook up in a campground.

I was thinking the same, do you have any dock lights?