wrkey

1993 Class A Allegro Bay - My First RV

Bought this about a year and half ago and this shot was taken last year as I headed for Dallas and the Texas Pinball Festival.  This coach was well taken care of and had 45k miles on her when I bought her.  She has a 454 and automatic trans.  Fully self contained and everything worked (after I replaced the hot water heater and fixed a few minor issues) until about a month ago and I started having Miss-Fire problems (thread in Engines forum).  Queen bed in back, shower on right, toilet and sink on right.  Stove, oven and microwave and a surprisingly large fridge.  Fold out couch plus dining table forward.  Above drivers area is a drop down bed.  Pull out gas grill which I didn't know it had until I started opening the outside compartments to see what was in there!

I named her Eileen because she has functional leveling jacks but they tend to 'sag' after a while so she leans a little from time to time.  Love having the RV and she has been to 5 pinball festivals, 2 pinball tournaments, 4 camp outs, 3 2-week stays at the antique market in Round Top Texas and most recently a round trip from Houston to San Francisco (4,200 miles) in 10 days to help my Daughter and my son-in-law move as he is not stationed there with the US Coast Guard.

Once I get the timing problem resolved we will be out running again.. gotta get her fixed before May 20th with my middle daughter graduations from UT!

Rusty

Eileen-Della.jpg

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 8:04 AM, blakeloke said:

Rusty,

Fantastic set-up!  I love her name!

Sounds like you are in the Houston area......what part?

Blake

Spring/The Woodlands area.  I am co-owner/COO of The Game Preserve - a family oriented classic arcade located in The Woodlands.  And yes, Ian, I tend to be a bit retro! LOL

I have loved the DeLorean since it can out, even when John got into trouble. I still do, just to old to crawl in and out of one. By the way, on the trailer how are you able to open the Gull Winged doors? I can only see the passengers side, do you have more room the driver side?

Herman

A 1991 allegro bay was our first motorhome.  Loved that rig!  That 454 engine should be very reliable for you.

Chris G.

F3508s

P.s. here is my gull wing door car.  Not a delorean, but similar...

myyellowaztec5.jpg

Not really similar to a DeLorean when it's a kit car based upon something like a VW chassis but that does not make it any less fun!

Rusty,

We are neighbors!  If you run into a wall with your engine give Ross a call at Town Center Automotive.  He services our coach (mechanical) and is a close friend.  They are on I45 just south of the Woodlands Parkway and North of Sawdust.

Blake

Wonderful to see a couple of retro's, including the AZTEC, have a buddy with a AZTEC fitted with a Porsche engine. B) 

That's a generic photo, mine is in pieces. I began the restoration project 3 years ago and lost interest. Thought about selling it, not sure. I don't know who's body it is but the odd part is the 64 Corvair chassis under it with 110 HP Chevrolet engine, not a VW

To answer some of the questions.  The space needed to open the doors on a DeLorean are less than that needed for a regular car.  Instead of opening away from the car as 'normal doors' do, they open upward and above the car thus requiring only about 9".  The UHaul auto transport trailers have hinged finders on the driver side so you can lower fender if needed to open the door of the car on the trailer.  Yes that was the parking lot you think it is, it is also where the Arcade I co-own is located (The Game Preserve).  The kit cars are really cool.  My son and I put one together during his senior year and the photo of that car is attached.  It is a replica of a 1937 SS-100 Jaguar and sits on a custom chassis with a Mustang II suspension, V6 and 4 speed.

The other photo is of Li'l Red in front of Eileen.  Li'l Red is a 1967 Austin Healey Sprite with a 'few' modifications.  Under the hood is a small block Chevy 350 from a '69 Camaro, Turbo-350 auto, a ford 9" rear end and custom speed hut gauges.  The photo was taken after my trip to San Francisco and back and I was desperately wanting to drive something smaller and a bit quicker than Eileen!

MicahJaguar.jpg

LilRed-Eileen.jpg

Beautiful !  How do you keep the Austin on the road?  0-70 and traffic court in 4 seconds or less!!! :lol::wub:

Carl

Very nice!!

I always wanted a Sunbeam Tiger, love the look of those little convertibles, the Healey reminds me of them.

1 hour ago, jleamont said:

Very nice!!

I always wanted a Sunbeam Tiger...

Nothing like an English car designed for a 4 cylinder with a Ford V8 (260 CID in the early ones) from a division under the Chrysler umbrella.

39 minutes ago, wolfe10 said:

Nothing like an English car designed for a 4 cylinder with a Ford V8 (260 CID in the early ones) from a division under the Chrysler umbrella.

Ford v8 for me :)