jpaflag

Fuel Separator

Our only fuel filter is down low on the curbside towards the front of the engine ( rear of the coach ). Will try for a pic in the next day or two. No room for a primer pump I am pretty sure.

You might look at a Air Dog or FASS lift pump system,  all you do is turn on the ignition and the electric pump does the rest.

10-4 on the aftermarket Fass or Air Dog pump installed air Dog on my 02' come-along to ease burden of V44 injector pump and maintain adequate pressure during WOT operation. Adjustable pump maintains 10-15 PSI at all times. 

Thank you both on the pump. Have been thinking about doing a pump of some type. I will look that up today. Joe did something along those lines.

Question for DD and RL/ is the pump noisy enough to be heard?  I am giving one of their units serious consideration.

I can hear it running standing next to it outside but don't hear it inside the coach.  I have the Air Dog with the filters as part of the unit.  1/2 inch fuel line from the tank and a 5/16 inch return line to the tank.

DD, 1/2" fuel line out and 5/16 back, what engine do you have?

My ISL is 3/4 out and 1/2 return with -8 JIC fittings on the return and -10 JIC fittings on the supply (hydraulic hose plumbing).

Noise; same with mine as DD69's pump, I can only hear the pump with the key on engine off inside or standing outside. My pump is mounted in the compartment behind the passenger side front tire under the DW's seat. Cant be bad if she's not complaining B).

I am looking at both the Air Dog and a similar Fass system. Price is about the same. What do I do? Flip a coin?

A question and an observation.   There should be a check valve. Is there one built into the unit? If not I should probably put one in place between the unit and the tank?   Observation/ The unit is a lift pump, a primer for filters there and downstream and a fuel/water separator. Looks like smart thing to do for many diesel RV owners.

Obedb, call both of their tech departments and ask about the check valve. Both are good companies with good products. I would base my decision on who is the most willing to answer questions and sounds the most knowledgeable.

I had to install a check valve as mine was already in the factory design by Cummins internal to my primary filter, when the Davco went in I lost the check valve so I had to put one in so the pump does not dry fire. FYI I have a case of primary filters and the housing if you want it. email me.

1 hour ago, kaypsmith said:

Joe, DD's is EPA compliant!:rolleyes:

I sent you an email of a Bus conversion...just wait....:lol:

10 hours ago, jleamont said:

DD, 1/2" fuel line out and 5/16 back, what engine do you have?

My ISL is 3/4 out and 1/2 return with -8 JIC fittings on the return and -10 JIC fittings on the supply (hydraulic hose plumbing).

Noise; same with mine as DD69's pump, I can only hear the pump with the key on engine off inside or standing outside. My pump is mounted in the compartment behind the passenger side front tire under the DW's seat. Cant be bad if she's not complaining B).

ISB  The 1/2 inch fuel line from the pickup came in the kit with snap on connectors.