bigkelly

2010 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 42skq Dash A/C Compressor

Gentlemen,

The dash a/c compressor has failed on my coach. Do I need to purchase the new compressor thru Cummins? The drier appears to be one I can obtain thru other parts sources. 2010 Cummins 425 engine.

Any direction is appreciated. Oh yeah why would anybody put a compressor where they put this one. What a pleasure it was to remove. Thanks.

BigKelly

Big Kelly, If you can look into the engine compartment or a nimble friend and take a picture of the AC compressor and any of the labels stuck to it and post the pictures or just write out the information you are reading of the pictures. Pictures are worth a 1000 words, but copying the information sitting at a table is a lot easier then writing it down sitting on top of an engine. Second option is to contact the chassis manufacture and see if they can supply the compressor info. the Evaporator is also installed by the chassis builder in most cases. The remainder of the dash AC system is installed by the coach builder. 

The Compressors can be shipped with no oil, to much oil-that needs to be removed and the proper amount put back in. Does your AC system us a receiver/drier  or an accumulator? 

Rich.

Well since you got it out you have have the battle won. Look at the tags. Try a Google search. You can probbabley find one cheaper. 

Bill 

Since you got it out take it to a chassis truck parts counter to match up as it is more likely heavy duty.  Don't forget replacing receiver dryer, orifice flushing out condenser, evaporator and lines.   Then add the proper amount of oil and recharge the system.  

1 hour ago, huffypuff said:

Since you got it out take it to a chassis truck parts counter to match up as it is more likely heavy duty.  Don't forget replacing receiver dryer, orifice flushing out condenser, evaporator and lines.   Then add the proper amount of oil and recharge the system.  

Ray ! Should the AC system have a Receiver / dryer then the system will have an expansion valve instead of an Orifice. Orifice setup used, when the systems are setup with an accumulator instead of a receiver / dryer.

Kelly, Ray is correct in mentioning that the Coach AC systems us a heavy duty compressor. The Truck systems use a different weight  oil and that can very depending on the size of the compressors also.  Some esters and oils will mix and some do not mix well ! 

Rich. 

Thanks guys for all the advise. It does have a drier. And the luck of the Irish is the tag is worn to the point only partial numbers are readable. It is a Sanden style mount. So I will try to track it down. Did I mention this is a dumb place to put a compressor😠

8 hours ago, bigkelly said:

Thanks guys for all the advise. It does have a drier. And the luck of the Irish is the tag is worn to the point only partial numbers are readable. It is a Sanden style mount. So I will try to track it down. Did I mention this is a dumb place to put a compressor😠

Kelly this file might help pinpoint the compressor series in your coach.

Rich.

Sanden_Compressor_System__Maintance_CC's_to_Ounce's.pdf

Mike is ACME the place in Rockwall, TX? If so I got a compressor from them for my 98 Windsor. Got help from Butch Hall with the install. One great A/C technician (don't tell him I said so, Big Head you know):P 

Herman

12 hours ago, DickandLois said:

Ray ! Should the AC system have a Receiver / dryer then the system will have an expansion valve instead of an Orifice. Orifice setup used, when the systems are setup with an accumulator instead of a receiver / dryer.

Kelly, Ray is correct in mentioning that the Coach AC systems us a heavy duty compressor. The Truck systems use a different weight  oil and that can very depending on the size of the compressors also.  Some esters and oils will mix and some do not mix well ! 

Rich. 

Yes, I was talking old school but it could have receiver dryer or a accumulator with dryer.  In either case you will have to replace the orifice or the expansion valve depending which it has.  When a compressor goes bad metal chips mixes with the oil and all that oil must be flushed out.  There be no mixing with old oil and ester just match the requirement of new compressor and be sure to put enough in to coat all internals, not just the compressor.  Also I forgot to mention is before charging, put the system under vacuum and do a leak down test for at least 30 minutes before recharging.  .  

2 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

Would anyone out there like to see the return of the Harrison Compressor? 

Herman 

I have on in the 76 Coupe DeVille.  

I contacted Acme about my compressor. Was unable to provide a replacement. So I contacted Monaco turned out mine has been replaced by a different style. The good thing is, that it's available requires an additional fitting for the lines. Now the next question! The suction line at the compressor needs replaced. (I broke it). Does it make the run to the front as a single lone? Or is the line in sections? Hopefully sections. Thanks

Bigkelly

Big Kelly, Suction lines can be repaired! need to know the Inside Diameter(ID)if you can get to the brake and have space to repair it!

Rich.

**** & Lois,

Thanks, After seeing your reply, I reached out to a local NAPA Auto parts. They have a fitting for this type repair, Thanks again. Safe & Happy Times.

BigKelly