I bought an extended warranty from Boat n RV World in Ridgeland, SC.  Was told that if I had repairs done there that it was $50 deductible or if the repair was done some other repair shop that it was $100 deductible.  Had a slide that would not extend and roller had to be changed.  Repair shop removed the slide and replaced roller and installed metal plates for rollers could run on. American Guardian paid for 2.1 hours for labor while it took 13.3 hours.  Now I'm out $1100.00 for a claim that should have cost me $100.  They say that they go by a book of national rates for repair.  How do you find repair shops that go by their book? Is there an extended warranty that will try to work with you and not through book rate in the face.

Jsmith,

Sorry but you are out more than $1100.00. You are also out the cost of the extended warranty.

Did the shop that did your repairs contact your warranty company and discuss the repairs and get an ok to proceed? 

Most EWC will not cover any repair unless they are called and they assign a service number and never after the work is performed. 

Herman 

The repairs should have never been started until all parties agreed on the amount of time and money.  Most extended service agreement companies won't pay a nickel if pre-authorization wasn't obtained. 

BTW...most of these agreements have more holes in them than a 10 pound onion sack. Buyer beware.

3 hours ago, jsmith74statesboro@yahoo.com said:

I bought an extended warranty from Boat n RV World in Ridgeland, SC.  Was told that if I had repairs done there that it was $50 deductible or if the repair was done some other repair shop that it was $100 deductible.  Had a slide that would not extend and roller had to be changed.  Repair shop removed the slide and replaced roller and installed metal plates for rollers could run on. American Guardian paid for 2.1 hours for labor while it took 13.3 hours.  Now I'm out $1100.00 for a claim that should have cost me $100.  They say that they go by a book of national rates for repair.  How do you find repair shops that go by their book? Is there an extended warranty that will try to work with you and not through book rate in the face.

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your problems. This is a perfect example of why I self insure for repairs. It is to bad it had to happen to you. 

Bill

Ditto to all above!  It's a hard lesson learned...Like most here, I self insure.  Yes, I have taken some hits, but in the course of 17 coaches, I'm way ahead of the game!

So while in Perry , I went to a seminar on extended warranty. The presenter thought an "exclusion policy" was a better policy.  Any body have any experience with this type of warranty?

When I think about slide issues and leveling jacks on an a class a, I would think the warranty could pay for itself quickly. We are about to pick up our first coach first week of April , 2014 Newmar Ventana LE. they of course want to speak with us about an extended warranty , as we finalize the paperwork.

It is your money, But I would put the money in savings, that way you will have it to pay for any repairs.

If you buy the warranty and when they deny the claim you will still have to pay for the repair. 

Bill