tireman9

Kidde Fire Extinguisher Recall

If you have a Kidde brand or fire extinguisher made by them and sold under another label you should check the info on THIS web page.

I discovered I have one model so it is being replaced.

Our coach has three, one First Alert brand and two Kidde, none are plastic handles all aluminum.

Thanks for the post Tireman! It reminded me to walk out and take a look.

Mine is also not on list, but being 8 years old, I took it to the Fire station and got a new one!  Linda had the Fire Station come to the house and 17 was replaced (only 26 years old)! :ph34r: So, Thank You very much!

Tireman,

Thank you for the reminder!  I saw a news feature on TV whilst we were out traveling and completely forgot.  We have two affected by recall and should have replacements in about 14 days.

Blake

Have 2, neither one affected by the recall.  However, they are past their usable life and I'm going to replace them.  They're just not that expensive to neglect them.

I really thought they would send me a coupon to take to a store to get a replacement.  But, No.  There is a new fire extinguisher sitting at my mail forwarding service.  It would cost more to have it shipped to me than what I can buy it for at the local hardware store.  I guess I'll ask the mail forwarding service to shred and discard this piece of mail.