rsparrow

Dallas Area RV Park Recommendation

Question

Traveling near Dallas early February 2018, with 28 ft Class C, no toad. Looking for RV park near public transport so we can do some sightseeing in the city, or a place to park the RV while sightseeing in the city. Any ideas?

18 answers to this question

RSparrow,

Welcome to the Forum.

Have lived in Dallas area for most all of my life (except for 8 years in the Navy). To the best of my knowledge I know of no RV Parks that would fill your needs. There are a few RV Parks around but none near Dart (Dallas Area Rapid transit). Might I suggest that you locate a RV park in the area and call Enterprise Rental. They will deliver a vehicle to you. There is a KOA in Lake Dallas about 25 miles north of Dallas.

Let me know if I may help.

Herman 

One place that is fairly centrally located is The Vineyards Campground & Cabins, 1501 N Dooley St, Grapevine, TX 76051, vineyardscampground.com , (888) 329-8993.

Nice campground and good location.

Your problem is why I never leave home with out my toad.

Bill

WBill.  Ditto.  Even 2 small scooters is handy....I also recommend renting a car or Limo, or call a cab! 

You can always Uber to the closest DART or bus station but I don't think getting around Dallas using public transportation is going to be the best (timely) way to see the city.

We have not found an rv park extremely convenient to Dallas.  There are several parks north of Dallas between Denton and McKinney.  We have also stayed at the Army Corp of Engineers park at Lake Lavon east of Plano and the city park near Lewisville.  There is also a KOA on South Cooper north of I 20 in Arlington.  Would probably have to check their website.  I've found Koas fairly expensive especially near metro areas.

msmoonsatx.  Welcome to the Forum!

Have you looked around the Desoto or Mesquite area?  If your a Mason, you can go to Mosla Shrine Temple in Ft. Worth or Hella Shrine in Dallas, they both have hook ups!

15 minutes ago, msmoonsatx said:

We have not found an rv park extremely convenient to Dallas.  There are several parks north of Dallas between Denton and McKinney.  We have also stayed at the Army Corp of Engineers park at Lake Lavon east of Plano and the city park near Lewisville.  There is also a KOA on South Cooper north of I 20 in Arlington.  Would probably have to check their website.  I've found Koas fairly expensive especially near metro areas.

Welcome to the forum. Yes We have looked for places to hold rally's that are close in but there are not that many places. There is a Corp of Engineers park on the west side of Lake Benbrook. There use to be a small place down off West 7th street in FW but the land got so valuable it was converted to retail. 

We are helping with a Bounder Rally at Cowtown RV Park next month it is one of the better close in places to FW.

Bill

I use the Treetops RV Resort near The Parks Mall in Arlington, every time I go to training at the flight academy. While I love The Vineyards, passing planes grate on me: I'm reminded of work every moment of the day.:P

Treetops is a decent park that is a quiet oasis among trees in the heart of a busy suburb.  You could Uber four miles to the north to the Bell Station of the Trinity Railway Express, use the train to go straight to downtown Dallas.

Thanks Andy, I didn't know they were renting short term to RV's. I don't go look at places that look like a mobile home park and prominently talk about "are you Interested in relocating your manufactured home?"  

Carl this isn't any closer than the Vines.

4 hours ago, manholt said:

Except Ft. Worth is a long ways from downtown Dallas...he might as well stay in Canton!

Ok show me where in Dallas?

Bill 

I am going to throw out another place on the other side (East Side) of Dallas, out buy Lake Ray Hubbard. Plantation Place, 345 Barnes Bridge Rd, Sunnyvale, TX 75182, plantationplacerv.com, (972) 226-0464.

They had some damage a while ago from a tornado and I don't know what it is like now.

Bill

Bill. Tree Tops RV resort is not a Mobil Home park, by any means...it's pretty upscale with cement pads and paved roads...why don't you look it up?  Or better yet scroll up and the link is provided.  :P  Stop being so negative.

8 minutes ago, manholt said:

Bill. Tree Tops RV resort is not a Mobil Home park, by any means...it's pretty upscale with cement pads and paved roads...why don't you look it up?  Or better yet scroll up and the link is provided.  :P  Stop being so negative.

Who is being negative? I have looked on Google Earth, but when we called them about bringing in 25-30 coaches for a small rally. They didn't have space and wouldn't have a club house for us to use. The person commented they were more of a residential community and didn't have much space for transients.:P So I never drove way over there to look at it.:) 

Bill

Ahh, the infamous RRR.  Not easy to find a RV Resort for a Rally between now and May!  Cowtown is good and so is the one outside Weatherford.  However, we had a request from the OP of one coach at one RV park, close to Dallas, to me that does not mean your beloved (great food) Ft. Worth!

We need to get on with the request and stay away from Rally space!  Your the guru of DFW! :)

7 hours ago, manholt said:

Ahh, the infamous RRR.  Not easy to find a RV Resort for a Rally between now and May!  Cowtown is good and so is the one outside Weatherford.  However, we had a request from the OP of one coach at one RV park, close to Dallas, to me that does not mean your beloved (great food) Ft. Worth!

We need to get on with the request and stay away from Rally space!  Your the guru of DFW! :)

Aparentley you didn't read what I posted about Plantation Place on the outer side of Dallas. So lets get get on with the request and stay away from  worrying about the reason I didn't take Tree Top seriously.

I will be looking to see what you have contributed to this besides worrying about my looking for rally space  over a year ago.

I would seriously recommend the OP get RV Parkey and RV park reviews and see what they can find.:D

They have a better idea of what is suitable for them.

Bill

While you two were bickering I checked the op, he posted one time in early Nov looking for a place in early Feb. He has not signed back back on the forum since the middle of Nov. I think it's safe to say he found someplace to his liking.

You two better start playing nice or else.....:D