rfsod48

Firearms

I don't think there was any insult implied, just some facts from other people.  Some may have had experiences like you did and some did not.

Having spent 23+ years in the USMC and in the SI field I am ever observant of my surroundings and as a fact I have never encountered criminal activity in my surroundings.  Have I been careful when I see a group of people huddled and just standing around?  You bet, but never an incident.

In all the years carrying a weapon I have never felt the urge to take it out.

Wayne, would you say that while you might have never felt the need to draw your weapon you were glad to have it available if you needed it? I also have never felt the need to draw a weapon and I make every effort to keep myself and my family out of those conditions but in todays world that is harder to do.

Roland,

It is an insurance policy and only there when you need it. Gives one peace of mind.  Just be careful of ricochets as they can get the person firing in a lot of trouble.

Safety has to be the number one consideration, your personal safety and that of those around you. This brings us back to my original thoughts about home protection (house or motorhome) that maybe a shotgun is a better choice for home protection. 

4 hours ago, rfsod48 said:

Safety has to be the number one consideration, your personal safety and that of those around you. This brings us back to my original thoughts about home protection (house or motorhome) that maybe a shotgun is a better choice for home protection. 

I have a short barrel S&W Governor that hold 6 rounds rounds and can be any combination of 410 shotgun shells, 45 long Colt or 45 auto.  I load mine with six 410 personnel defense shot gun shells.  When I go to Yellow Stone next summer I will load some 45 Long Colt for a little more punch.... 

Has any one had a be

On 12/26/2017 at 10:12 AM, wayne77590 said:

I don't think there was any insult implied, just some facts from other people.  Some may have had experiences like you did and some did not.

Having spent 23+ years in the USMC and in the SI field I am ever observant of my surroundings and as a fact I have never encountered criminal activity in my surroundings.  Have I been careful when I see a group of people huddled and just standing around?  You bet, but never an incident.

In all the years carrying a weapon I have never felt the urge to take it out.

I didn't intend any offense Wayne.  Didn't think you inferred one just poor worded response.

My concern is residual damage from a bullet that could travel through several RV walls.  Unknowing you could injure a neighbor.  

No one needs to know if I am carrying or not.

If you do carry, be sure of where you shoot and are prepared for the consequences.

Ken

In my 35 years as a firefighter and 15+ as an EMT and my wife as an life long RN, we have seen the results of someones bad behavior way too much. We both now carry and also avoid anything that looks questionable.

My advice is if you carry, get training (never stop training), practice, learn what your weapon will do and always, always know what is behind the threat.

By the way, you will get arrested and held until things are sorted out. It is so sad we have to be prepared like this now days, but it is the current reality.