Bill. 

Erie is around 160 miles west of us. We live off Rt. 104, that magic ridge that gets the snow south of the lake, but when it is this cold and with some wind the snow is very dry and fluffy it can carry over the ridge add up fast. 

Back in 65 the weather forecast was for 3 to 6 in. and a big Low pressure got stuck on the East coast. We wound up with 3 to 4 feet and strong wind that made some impressive drifts . we where able to walk right over 4 ft. fences  and do some sledding off the roof of the house,(with my little naphues) where the drifts formed. This time it is another low pressure area on the coast. People got berried in there cars and where found  as the roads where plowed.

So we will see if get to measure it in inches or feet. The big lawn tractor has an ignition issue, but I just figured I would not need to hookup the snowblower to the PTO. Hay I'm leaving for the winter - will clean things up in April. LOL Mother nature is laughing - got you old guy!

Rich.

Rich, I believe it was in the 50's in Katy today. 

Thanks Jim ! really nice to know that at least  there is some warmer air somewhere.

If you can hang onto some for us - it would be appreciated.

Rich. 

No problem-- fingers are WEBBED (was diving in Cozumel last week).

Surprised the ***** out of a dive instructor with a some tank divers (my brother and his wife) when I met him at 35' to point to a sleeping turtle.  Ya, he almost choked... I had to make a bee line for the surface. Oxygen is good.

TT, you can still run?  I gave that up 20 years ago...bad knees!  How's the weather at your place now?  As bad as ours?  I suspect that big 5'er of yours is a mite cold now!

5 hours ago, DickandLois said:

Bill. 

Erie is around 160 miles west of us. We live off Rt. 104, that magic ridge that gets the snow south of the lake, but when it is this cold and with some wind the snow is very dry and fluffy it can carry over the ridge add up fast. 

Back in 65 the weather forecast was for 3 to 6 in. and a big Low pressure got stuck on the East coast. We wound up with 3 to 4 feet and strong wind that made some impressive drifts . we where able to walk right over 4 ft. fences  and do some sledding off the roof of the house,(with my little naphues) where the drifts formed. This time it is another low pressure area on the coast. People got berried in there cars and where found  as the roads where plowed.

So we will see if get to measure it in inches or feet. The big lawn tractor has an ignition issue, but I just figured I would not need to hookup the snowblower to the PTO. Hay I'm leaving for the winter - will clean things up in April. LOL Mother nature is laughing - got you old guy!

Rich.

I do have some experience with "Lake Effect Snow".:P

I grew up on lake Erie at the NY state line well 6 miles east. I had a uncle in Rochester who worked for Kodak. Where are you heading, what route?

Bill

WBill.

Linda kept telling me, "Bill is not from Texas!  He's like you, a transplant"! LOL...Thanks, now I got to eat crow! :rolleyes::(

I grew up on lake Erie at the NY state line well 6 miles east. I had a uncle in Rochester who worked for Kodak. Where are you heading, what route?

Bill, Sounds like the Ripley area.

Well, the Rt. south is 390 to Rt.15 / 99 to 180 to Rt.83 to Rt. 77 East.down to Rt.40 West to Rt. 123 to  Rt.95. Missing the larger metropolitan areas. So with snow and ice in the south. Will just watch the weather for a 2 day warm up and make a dash south.

Right now it is 3 deg. and it looks like fog, but it is snow suspended in the air blowing around, with a wind chill of -25. 

Rich. 

15 minutes ago, DickandLois said:

Will just watch the weather for a 2 day warm up and make a dash south.

What state are you attempting to head into?

15 minutes ago, jleamont said:

What state are you attempting to head into?

Fl. East coast to start. Might need to go to the Gulf side. will just go with the flow, weather has changed the itinerary a bit.

Rich. 

Rich, be careful in those mountain ranges you are crossing through especially on I-77, high up, winding roads, add some slick roads and that could be a white knuckle drive until you get to sea level again.

2 hours ago, DickandLois said:

Bill, Sounds like the Ripley area.

Well, the Rt. south is 390 to Rt.15 / 99 to 180 to Rt.83 to Rt. 77 East.down to Rt.40 West to Rt. 123 to  Rt.95. Missing the larger metropolitan areas. So with snow and ice in the south. Will just watch the weather for a 2 day warm up and make a dash south.

Right now it is 3 deg. and it looks like fog, but it is snow suspended in the air blowing around, with a wind chill of -25. 

Rich. 

Actually you are close, Barcelona Harbor , Westfield area.

With that big storm going up the East coast I would just set back and let the snow get cleaned off before you get into it.  Keep us informed. 

Bill