rfsod48

Diesel Fuel For COLD Conditions

Hmm, they called it bunker fuel when the cetane tested at 28 (which was the lowest, average we see is mid 30's). Any idea how the population is purchasing diesel fuel with low cetane, why, how does it get this way?

Mike.  Clap, Clap, Clap! :D Thank You for a interesting insight, again! :wub:  Also, from 2004 to 2016 I cruised the World Oceans, 23 weeks a year...your right, when the cruise ship filled up at International ports, you could smell the Sulfur at times in the bulk fuel. :(  

Mike,

We did just fine, left Mi with -11* and stayed near Dayton, Oh. At -4*. Made it to Nashville the next day and from there weather no problem. Thanks all for the help and info.  Next year we will leave earlier!

Roland

Jleamont, we are staying warm. Aquaheat is working well and I have an inside portable heater to help. I also have a ceramic heater in the water closet to make sure we have enough heat there. Just the other day I realized the blower in my basement was not working correctly and warming the basement. Everything about the Aquaheat system is working correctly and all my lines are hot and the fluid is at the proper level just cannot get the unit in the basement to work so I added an additional heater there to make sure nothing freezes.

We had to leave Pa for a week and flew to Kansas City as my daughter is having surgery. All is good here and we return home on Sunday. Looks like we will finally go above freezing today in Pa so that is a relief. I have my other daughter checking my coach to make sure all my heaters are working.

I am thinking this will be my last winter in the cold, next year I am heading where it is warm.

Jleamont, are you full timing in your coach or are you spending the winter in your home. If in RV what campground are you staying in. Hershey is a nice location but having to haul water and Diesel fuel is getting old real fast

12 minutes ago, Mypopslou said:

Jleamont, are you full timing in your coach or are you spending the winter in your home. If in RV what campground are you staying in. Hershey is a nice location but having to haul water and Diesel fuel is getting old real fast

We are home, coach is winterized along side of the garage for the season :(. Hershey is nice but in the three other seasons. My hats off to you for braving the winter in your coach. I have work to do on ours (inside) And I wont go near it until the temps get into the 40's, sounds like Saturday might be the day :rolleyes:.

Mypopslou. you need to take a vacation South. We are going to have a cold front through here with some temps in the upper 20's at night. But if you go down to the Valley they are in the low  80's today. Harlingen, Texas, in the valley is 80 today but will cool to bout 60 tonight.<_<

www.intellicast.com/Local/WxMap.aspx?latitude=32.75&longitude=-97.33&zoomLevel=8&opacity=1&basemap=0014&layers=0039

Bill

Wildebill, those temperatures sound so inviting to me. I am currently in Kansas City where it was 60 yesterday and now it is 28 going down to 9.  Currently it is freezing raining and all the schools are closed. Heading back to Pa on Sunday where it is predicted to be 29