hermanmullins

Wind Sensor Cups

I have replaced my Aermometer once before.  I purchased the one I have now because it said that the cups/blade were replaceable  without having to purchase the entire unit. I can not find the replacement cup/blade It is a Girard Aermometer.  Girard only shows the entire unit at a cost of $162.00. Anyone know where I might get the replacement cup/blade?

Herman

Morning Herman,

Have you called Girard?  I searched their website but couldn't find the cups either but they may have them. 800 382 8442.

Uhhhhh.......tree branches?

Blake

Blake, Herman might be able to purchase a old periscope from the USN and adapt it to raise and lower the  the wind cup assembly. Plus they make for a good way to watch the local wild life!

Rich 

Herman, have looked everywhere and the only thing I found is "Girard" lies a lot, but then I think we all know that. :angry:

Herman, I feel your pain...replaced ours three years ago, Girard told me the new version had replacement blades, I took a different approach, I put this around it to keep it protected. That is a Strobe light cage for a utility truck strobe light.

274-55tc-1.jpg

I don't know why you need a special cup to see if it is blowing. :o  When the wind blows the foam off my red Solo cup I know it is time to  put the awning in.:P

Bill

5 minutes ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

I don't know why you need a special cup to see if it is blowing. :o  When the wind blows the foam off my red Solo cup I know it is time to  put the awning in.:P

Bill

:lol:

Bill, you're still having a party, with your  little red cup?  Poor little thing must be all worn out by now!!!

Herman, I looked at one an hour ago.  There is a slot in back, turn and pull and the blade part comes off....problem is to find another blade part, it's a discontinued model.  The new one is $14 more and shaft is mounted horizontal.

Why cant you remove the Girard all together and wire in another brand...Like $24.95 & does the same thing? 

Ditto, I have the same one. The one I destroyed on a branch was the older version with round spoon type of blades. According to Girard the top portion is replaceable, well that was their selling point to me when mine went tumbling down I-40 in TN :wacko: