jleamont

Coach EMS Saves The Day

Out working on the coach I kept getting alarms going off. After investigation the power line to our house was dropping the neutral. Went to the coach EMS system, "open neutral" "high voltage detected" red light flashing..HMM called the electric co explained what was happening, they dispatched two trucks, sure enough the wire from the pole to the house failed. Sitting in the dark at the moment. 

Wow, glad the EMS was looking out for you. Last time I saw that happen was in a courthouse on a call about a printer slowing down, then speeding up, I placed the vom probes into the outlet and read 189 volts, unplugged the printer and went to opposite side to check voltage, same reading. Power company told me that I had to have a bad vom. I told them no, have tested with both analog and digital, same reading on both. 30 minutes later bucket truck pulled up, I watched the worker hoist himself up to the transformer, put his wrench on the neutral lug and twist. The vom's dropped to 125, then the worker came inside to tell me that I was a liar, I had witnesses to verify my story.

I swear by these things! This TRC unit has saved us 4 times in 4 years with this coach alone. Too bad I learned the hard way on the first coach, cost me an ATS, fuse box and a new A/C unit :wacko:. Before the big debate happens on who's EMS is best I also have a Progressive that I use at campgrounds, picked it up from our HR club member that sold his coach.

Glad you found it right away. Happened at our house years ago, when the neutral was lost, some light bulbs in the house went off like flash bulbs. It actually blew up a built in surge protector I had in house service panel. Lost some electronics too, some failed a few months later.