grumpy0374

New To FMCA

Hello all. New to FMCA, but not to camping.  Got tired of the "other" club and washed my hands of them.

We are retired and camp/travel 4-5 months a year in a Forrest River Lexington Class C, towing a Subaru Crosstrek.

Have 2 4 legged "kids" that go with us.

Last year spent 3 months across country up into Canada and to Alaska, 13,000 miles, and alot of memories.  This year going out west to Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce, Arches, in April/May.

Sept up to Maine/Vt/NH for a 6 week trip.

Looking forward to participating in the forums.

Grumpy

2 hours ago, grumpy0374 said:

Hello all. New to FMCA, but not to camping.  Got tired of the "other" club and washed my hands of them.

We are retired and camp/travel 4-5 months a year in a Forrest River Lexington Class C, towing a Subaru Crosstrek.

Have 2 4 legged "kids" that go with us.

Last year spent 3 months across country up into Canada and to Alaska, 13,000 miles, and alot of memories.  This year going out west to Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce, Arches, in April/May.

Sept up to Maine/Vt/NH for a 6 week trip.

Looking forward to participating in the forums.

Grumpy

Welcome to the forum. Where do you call home /headquarters?

Bill

Herman.  Stop bragging, it's only because your older than dirt....I never thought of you as Grumpy!  A little bent maybe, but..

To the real Grumpy.  Welcome to the Forum and FMCA! :)

21 minutes ago, hermanmullins said:

From one Grumpy to another, welcome to FMCA and the Forum.

I have been Grumpy to 10 Grand Kids and now 1 Great Grand Child.

Herman

Thanks.  3 grandkids, and they all call me "Grumpaw"

Grumpy

Just got into the 40 foot motorhome before it was truck campers then a class C  wish I had stopped at 35 feet so many National Parks have a 35 foot limit,  have yet to take a trip in it I wanted to do several short trips first  the D/W wants to just head out to Oregon in March she thinks big. Wrinkles is a necessary travel companion but he is getting up in age like me.  Hope to see some friendly faces on the road

IMG_0124.JPG

devildog1971, welcome!

Your DW thinks like mine..."what's the farthest place from home to go", then were off! That's the reason we bought the 41' DP. All the comforts of home in a smaller package, stretch out relax and enjoy the road and everything in between. Cant do that in a car!

1 hour ago, devildog1971 said:

Just got into the 40 foot motorhome before it was truck campers then a class C  wish I had stopped at 35 feet so many National Parks have a 35 foot limit,  have yet to take a trip in it I wanted to do several short trips first  the D/W wants to just head out to Oregon in March she thinks big. Wrinkles is a necessary travel companion but he is getting up in age like me.  Hope to see some friendly faces on the road

IMG_0124.JPG

Good looking dog. Welcome to the forum.

I hear people getting hung up on "so many National Parks have a 35 foot limit". That might be important if you were never going any place but a park with that limit. You may buy a perfect length coach and still never get to camp inside some parks. I have visited a fair number of National Parks. The biggest problem is in season places like Yellowstone have 32,000 visitors daily. When I was in Glacier a couple years ago in 2 weeks there were no openings at any of the campgrounds in the park.  Not trying to scare you with the crowds but it can be busy. I think the 40 ft. coach will work well. I know this will sound counter to what I just said but the extra work to get in the park is worth it in this case. If you are going to stop at the Grand Canyon on this trip make reservations NOW. This is worth the effort to get a reservation in Trailer Village, nps.gov, (928) 638-7888. I like the fact that the shuttle will pick you up at the campground and take you places you can't drive in the park.

Do you have a toad yet?

Any questions?

Bill