F205407

Squirrels and wiring

Does anyone have any information concerning the type of wiring material that Fleetwood uses in their 2014  or newer motorhomes?  Honda, previously was made to pay for rodent damage to owner's vehicles because they used soy for the wire coating, and rodents LOVE to eat soy.  So, we have mega damage and no recourse unless the wiring WAS soy based.  By the way, we did all the tricks to keep the critters out, none of them were effective.  Thanks for any info, but really, a million blessings if you can provide some court useable info. 

Have you checked with your insurance company to see if they cover damage due to natural causes?  I know multiple people who have had their cars damaged by squirrels and insurance paid for repairs (less their deductible). 

Lenp

19 hours ago, F205407 said:

Does anyone have any information concerning the type of wiring material that Fleetwood uses in their 2014  or newer motorhomes?  ...

Have you followed the wiring looking for the manufacturing codes on the wire itself? Most wiring I've seen has coding stamped/inked onto the outer shielding and this might be enough information to know what the manufacturer is. From there you could contact them directly and inquire. You might need a magnifier and strong light to see the imprint on the wire's insulation.

Ok, wire on present day vehicles has become a serious problem in several aspects! The jacketing on some specifications is made from corn in an effort to become GREEN :angry:. The photo below is a ONE year old Freightliner/Daimler/Mercedes, the wire jacketing is so poor the loom chaffed through it in ONE year!

Find a place to have it tested to confirm what it is you have and go at them like a raging Bull. This green initiative has to be brought under control and come back to reality! All its doing is giving manufactures an excuse to go CHEAP and create a financial burden for the owner of the vehicle.

Capture.PNG

Soy wire coating.

Joe.  As I stated above!  Bioplastic Lab is a testing facility off wire coating.  Soy is a Bio Plastic and so is any other vegetable based coating!  Give the Manufacturers enough major Law suits and that practice will stop!  The bad part is, what else is made of Bio ? :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, manholt said:

The bad part is, what else is made of Bio

That and the "harmful to human" decals in some of the newer RV's, HUH?? what do you mean I shouldn't stay inside more than 12 hours a day or it could be harmful to my health? You have to wonder what person sources this stuff and thinks "MEAH, IT ILL BE OK.....GET-R-DONE" :wacko: