Francis2

27580R22.5 tire pressures

I have a 38foot motorhome (2016 model, Tuscany) and noticed that when driving with a TPMS system, I'm seeing the tire pressure gradually increase from 102 PSI to ~120 PSI.   I know that PSI will increase with heat, but when should I start to worry?.....when the temp increases more than 20 PSI ?.....or is this completely normal?

First I suggest you weigh all four corners. Based on the highest weight corner for each axel, while cold, set pressure to what the tire manufacturer recommends plus 5 to 10 pounds but not over the max shown on side wall. You should be OK then. Mine are set to 107 pounds for all four corners. I then see 120 to 124 pounds after the tires get warm. Do not let out any air. If you do, you will be under inflated. 

Help.....

I have a 34'winnebago MH and the recommended tire pressure is 80 psi according to the Winnebago sticker.  I have had several good tires blowout.  The place I purchase the tires from (Michelin) thinks the recommended pressure is too low and causing them to get hot and blowout.  He recommends  I keep 90-95 lbs.  Any suggestions?

29 minutes ago, JEGREGG said:

Help.....

I have a 34'winnebago MH and the recommended tire pressure is 80 psi according to the Winnebago sticker.  I have had several good tires blowout.  The place I purchase the tires from (Michelin) thinks the recommended pressure is too low and causing them to get hot and blowout.  He recommends  I keep 90-95 lbs.  Any suggestions?

Have you weighed your coach?  

On 3/18/2018 at 0:56 PM, Francis2 said:

I have a 38foot motorhome (2016 model, Tuscany) and noticed that when driving with a TPMS system, I'm seeing the tire pressure gradually increase from 102 PSI to ~120 PSI.   I know that PSI will increase with heat, but when should I start to worry?.....when the temp increases more than 20 PSI ?.....or is this completely normal?

Completely normal.

Our G670s in your size road like iron wheels. We had extra things in the bays, taking clothes etc to our Daughter in Az. On I59 which was in bad shape it loosened just bout every nut and bolt. I had to put one cabinet back togehter and the washer dryer back into place and redo the screws in the shower an so on. We had raised the air pressure in the tires to sidewall numbers. Must have been intended for a 100,000 lb semi.

Where we store our MH he sets the pressures according to weight chart for manufacturers. On the Michelins which the sidewall numbers are lower, he still sets them a bit lower. The ride is much improved.

As to temp rise I see a 15-20 degree  rise, generally not more than 15 degrees though, except on the right rear inner which is closer to the exhaust. It is generally 10 degrees warmer right ht after we stop. When it a larger differential from where we are in Tn to Az where it may be 115 degrees, we reset the pressure sometimes.

I use an infrared temperature gun from roughly the same distance of each tire.

TT.

Back to Ross Boyer and CarlAda.  When was the last time you weight your coach and how did that compare, to the time before?  I do mine corner to corner, every 4 years and front back, each alternating 4 years!  The differences are amazing...especially after adding a person (female).  I used to have 105, now 115/120, winter travel tends to be heavier! 

17 hours ago, manholt said:

...especially after adding a person (female)...

If I could off load women's shoes and purses, I could get another MPG!:)

I am running a comparison test of two different brand of TPM systems and while not complete I have posted some of the initial data on my RV tire blog. www.RVTireSafety.net

You might want to check it out. I would however not be concerned with a rise of 20F.