dickandlois

LEDs and RF interference

Just ran into an interesting issue - Television stations have there own frequency. 

When we tune to different stations there tends to be an interaction between  different lights and television channels. Found this by just turning off one while a tempting to watch different stations and turning LED on and off while still watching one channel and expanding out to other channels. 

Need to see if they need suppliers to build in frequency filters or place them in the existing fixtures. A lot of spectrum research.

Anyone else notice this issue - or have noticed issues when different lights are on?

Rich.

Relatively common problem with low cost LED fixtures, particularly if they are on a dimmer. You can go on line a search for add on filters. I added one on a friends rv about 4 years ago, but I don’t remember what it was called or where to get it other than I ordered via Amazon. 

Rich.

I have noticed a dimming, then brighter than usual in my current coach.  I do not have a dimmer for my lights, but they where changed out to LED's after I bought it in November of 2013.  My original Sony 42", I changed out last year, for a Vizio 48" and added a motorized directv dish HD.  It does change according to channel...thought there was LED's going bad.  TV off, lights steady....same as it was before the LED change!

Darnit,  now I got something else to figure out....I'll also bet that most will not notice it. OK.  They will if they read this post...thanks, bunches....run that one by "Rett"!

Huh? Two LED tv's no issues with either and the interior of the coach is all LED lighting. The only time I get flicker is with the water pump on, only on lights.

I don't have cheap Chinese LED's in the coach, all are dimming and are two years old.

Hmmmm! Vewwwey interesting, could it be a Chinese TV, and Chinese made LED's? :rolleyes: TV stations do have their own frequencies, but unless you are parked under their antenna's RF field, I fail to see how changing frequencies of your tuner would have any effect on the LED lighting unless of course there may be some type of arcing going on within the tv. The tuners on all modern TV's are PLL (positive locking loop) controlled and require no crystal. Now the TV's of up until the mid seventies were crystal controlled and would have put out a small amount of radiation. It will be interesting to know what the outcome is of the LED dilemma is.