8 hours ago, manholt said:

Make sure you have access to back of TV and all connections after TV is installed...don't ask! :rolleyes::ph34r:

YUP, it pulls out for access. It’s not easy (so it won’t come out while driving).

Joe, that's why I have the Vizio.  The back of the Sony cracked and came half way off, while watching!  Had I been driving...ugh. The Vizio is bigger and 1/2 the weight.:P

Wow!!

Ours is a Samsung LED, it’s very light weight. I mounted the brackets so the tv and sound bar actually rest on the rubber feet under the sound bar against the bottom of the cabinet. I purposely did this so they are not suspended in the air to avoid TV damage. I’m sure the tv by itself would be ok but the sound bar mounted to the tv was a concern. When you press the TV back it also sits on the old wood on the sides. I cut them specifically for that tv on the last installation so it would sit flush with the cabinet. As long is it doesn’t squeak I’ll be ok.

I also bought the mount that is designed for a tv up to 70 lbs. I figured that was a good idea since it’s going into a RV. 

I’ll have more photos today, I’m waiting for the stain to dry on the wood trim.

8 hours ago, f433921 said:

Joe,

Did you change the depth of the cabinet enclosure? Job well done.

Jim

Thanks Everyone.

Jim, no I did not change the depth, ours sits back closer to the windshield, where most come forward into the walkway. Modifying the cabinet wouldn't have netted me any interior headroom gains so I left it alone. 

14 minutes ago, hermanmullins said:

Joe, I cut our cabinet back 7" and even Carl can enter without hitting his head. And to the devil made me do it.:P:rolleyes:

Herman

I do not have 7" protruding from the cabinet base. Maybe 3" for it to be flush with the cabinets on the left and right side of it. 

2 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

Joe, I cut our cabinet back 7" and even Carl can enter without hitting his head. And to the devil made me do it.:P:rolleyes:

Herman

Mine's a head knocker, I'm going going g to cut mine back. It's  been on the to do list for seven years, 

Jim

14 minutes ago, f433921 said:

Mine's a head knocker, I'm going going g to cut mine back. It's  been on the to do list for seven years, 

Jim

Our dash curves out more than the TV protrudes, so it forces you away from it. I've banged my head on it before. It happens when I'm routing through the tray on the dash and I lean up, even cut back it wouldn't fix clumsiness :wacko:

Jim, 

I took my cabinet down removed the front from the cabinet set my skill saw for to the angle of the cabinet. I then cut both top and bottom. Then cut the sides on the table saw.

It came out perfectly. I will send a picture soon.

Herman 

8 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

Jim, 

I took my cabinet down removed the front from the cabinet set my skill saw for to the angle of the cabinet. I then cut both top and bottom. Then cut the sides on the table saw.

It came out perfectly. I will send a picture soon.

Herman 

Herman,

That's what I plan to do.

Jim

We use fmca sprint mifi with roku tv. Approx $50 a month unlimited.

Worked great in Florida, Alabama & Texas. Just push reset to get local tower. We used with a 40". Just shoved it under the couch when traveling. 5 min setup, just plug it in.

You originally referred to taking your RoKu with you. Since I first replied I have removed and cancelled DirecTV. We are using RoKu for all our tvs. Each has their own RoKu device. They all use the same account, so there isn’t an additional charge. 

Also, I have replaced the sound bar with the $99.00 RoKu sound bar. Much easier ti use and eliminated one remote. 

At home, I have not added a sound bar to the living room tv. The 60 inch tv has very good sound, so the $39.00 RoKu device is adequate. 

All tv locations have local over the air digital, RoKu and dvd player.  

I did add an unlimited Verizon internet service for the home for $60.00+/month. We have 35gb for our cell phones. We use their hotspot feature when we are in the motor home. A 4 day weekend rally usage is 2-3gb. We pay for streaming service for Netflix and PBS for $18.00+/month. Since we have Amazon Prime, we have Amazon Prime Streaming at no additional cost. So other than purchasing the RoKu devices, our cost per month is a little less than DirecTV charge we had.