Veitia11

Goodyear Tire Blowouts

I have a 2014 Entegra Aspire that came from the factory with Goodyear G670RV tires. I recently had the passenger front tire blowout, causing extensive damage to our coach. We had the Driver front tire blowout 2 years ago. Does anyone know if there is any recourse or action  I can take against Goodyear? Our coach has less than 20k miles and has been stored indoors since day , so my assumption is that these tries are defective. 

Usually if the tire is still under warranty and the failure is a defective tire they will replace the tire and pay for the damage caused by the tire failure.

Didn't your TPMS provide a warning of the air loss?   Have any clear pictures of the tire?

True "Defects" usually occurs at early mileage.

Do you have your tire scale readings?   What size and what is your Cold inflation pressure?

On 4/25/2018 at 4:16 PM, Veitia11 said:

I have a 2014 Entegra Aspire that came from the factory with Goodyear G670RV tires. I recently had the passenger front tire blowout, causing extensive damage to our coach. We had the Driver front tire blowout 2 years ago. Does anyone know if there is any recourse or action  I can take against Goodyear? Our coach has less than 20k miles and has been stored indoors since day , so my assumption is that these tries are defective. 

The leading cause of tire failure is underinflation/overloading: https://blog.coach-net.com/2014/04/23/most-common-reasons-for-tire-failure/

A new tire can fail, but two on the same axle causes me to wonder_.

If you follow the tire load/inflation charts you are running the absolute minimum air pressure to support the corresponding load. If you don't know your actual weights, run what the Federal tire Placard states for your coach.

From day one I was told by Entegra to inflate to the spec on the placard behind the driver's seat. I've always done that.

The DOT numbers on the Coach indicate they were manufactured in 2013. Does anyone have experience in pursuing a claim against the tire or coach manufacturer?

First step is to have the tire inspected by a tire expert-- hopefully to determine the root cause of the failure.  Only a small percent are manufacturer defects. 

Said another way, a manufacturing defect will usually show up in way less than 5 years.

Also, the spec is a guideline, based on max weight.  You should have your coach weight and go by the tire manufacturers recommendation for your weight.  Over inflated is as bad as under inflated, for the life of your tire.  On DP's 5 to 7 years is what you get.  Don't go by tread, go by condition of sidewall. :)

Good pictures of the failed tire can sometimes provide important information on the "why" the tire failed. Get the tire in full sunlight and take 4 to 8 pictures of the failed area in good focus.

You didn't answer my question on TPMS.

What were your scale readings on the front axle? Tire Size & LR and your cold inflation.