f457930

CG recommendments in the Denver area

Looking to spend a couple of weeks around Denver toward the end of July.  Any suggestions on places to stay are appreciated.

dee

There is Cherry Creek Campground at the reservoir, just off of 225. it is a nice campground the only issue is if you have a toad they charge you each day when you return to your campground. We would leave and not come back until after 5 when they close the entry shack, but you can still get in. Their is another campground off of 225 and Colfax which I think is a KOA. There is another one in Monument Hill which is about 40 minutes south.

They are the only ones I am familiar with except the 2 that are east of Denver off of 70 but I have not stayed at those 

There is the Jefferson County Park 303 321 6600  off 6th Ave and Indiana St and there is Dakota Ridge 303 279 1625 very close by the county grounds. Get hot both may be full Dakota Ridge would be my last choice. There is also Clear Creek RV Park tied to the city of Golden. I do not know anything about it but shows 5 stars

You might also want to try Prospect RV Park. 

http://prospectrv.com/?utm_source=rvparkreviews.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=RVLife_Campgrounds

It's in Wheat Ridge, which is a suburb of Denver, but is close to I-70 and the main city.  I've never stayed there myself, but it seems to get pretty good reviews.

The clear Creek RV park is pleasant, since it's right next to the river, and parks, and Golden, which is a nice small town, but it can be considered crowded depending on the size of your rig.  

Dakota ridge is ok, but it gets mixed reviews since it's pricy, and some sites are small.

Chris g.

Westminster, CO

7 hours ago, aztec7fan said:

You might also want to try Prospect RV Park. 

http://prospectrv.com/?utm_source=rvparkreviews.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=RVLife_Campgrounds

It's in Wheat Ridge, which is a suburb of Denver, but is close to I-70 and the main city.  I've never stayed there myself, but it seems to get pretty good reviews.

The clear Creek RV park is pleasant, since it's right next to the river, and parks, and Golden, which is a nice small town, but it can be considered crowded depending on the size of your rig.  

Dakota ridge is ok, but it gets mixed reviews since it's pricy, and some sites are small.

Chris g.

Westminster, CO

I lived in Westminster '85-'87. On Hooker. Drove a little for RTD but mostly was a high rise window washer. I lived in Englewood as a kid. Started kindergarten there while Pop worked for Martin. Was out in '75 and lived in Breckenridge while working at Climax. Great times. Still have a cousin in Littleton and another in Aurora. We'll be out there next summer to see them

Are you a member of the Elks Club? Full hook ups, inexpensive, and great members! Stayed there one night for a ball game. Wish I could of stayed longer to see more of Denver.

Ken