talktome396

Trying to find a company that installs Roadmaster base plates and Invisibrake

I live in Sullivan County in New York State and am trying to find someone, other than Camping World, that has experience installing a Roadmaster base plate and the InvisiBrake. I would appreciate any referals.

While it does take some time to install base plates, the instructions with very good pictures that Roadmaster provides does make it a do it yourself project. I have done it on three different automobiles. The last did require drilling one hole on each side, but it wasn’t a difficult task. Wiring the lights is a much more difficult task just because of all the inside trim that must be removed and replaced to get the wires hidden. 

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 9:12 AM, rossboyer said:

While it does take some time to install base plates, the instructions with very good pictures that Roadmaster provides does make it a do it yourself project. I have done it on three different automobiles. The last did require drilling one hole on each side, but it wasn’t a difficult task. Wiring the lights is a much more difficult task just because of all the inside trim that must be removed and replaced to get the wires hidden. 

Does Roadmaster tell you how to get the bumper cover off and that sort of detail or do they just say remove bumper cover because I have NO idea what hold these new cars together but I used to work on my own cars in the 70's. Appreciate your post and response. 

Very specific instructions are provided. It is easier if you use ramps to raise the front wheels, but I didn’t even have to do that on my Equinox.