LVH2468,

Welcome to the FORUM.

I believe you are asking about putting your RV with a company that will sell your coach on consignment. There are several across the country. Two of the best in the Southwest, especilay Texas are Motorhomes of Texas and PPL.

MOT is located in Nacogdoches, Texas (888) 360-3320.

PPL has three locations Houston, (713) 988-5555, New Braunfels, TX and Cleburne, TX is (800) 755-4775.

Good luck, 

Herman

Don't have experience with consignment lots but you might want to check with your insurance company to make sure the unit ,while under contract, sitting on a consignment lot is covered.

As Brett said, what do you have?  Also, coach or ?  All the above!  I'm currently wanting to buy a coach & the dealer will sell mine and Linda's as a consignment, I still have to pay for the new coach.  Yes, they do charge to sell ours...

18 hours ago, LVH2468 said:

Anyone had experience with consigning?  Who is the best?

Welcome to the forum. I would say PPL is probably the best. If you have questions the best way is to call them and ask. (Questions? 1-800-755-4775). I happen to garage not far from the Cleburne, TX  location and have been there numerous times because they have a great parts department. They always seem to be busey on the lot.  People dropping off, people kicking tires and people taking delivery. 

Bill

We are considering PPL. Have promptly received info from them & they seem to know what they are doing & how to do it. For $550 they completely wax, detail your RV prior to putting it on the lot, which is worth it, in my opinion. They establish a selling price for your approval, then you decide. Commission is 10%

Hopefully some former PPL customers will reply with experiences, good or bad.

Richard.

I purchased a 1997 Allegro, by Tiffin, 30 foot in 2002,  for $27,000 cash.  Spent about $2,000 on new tires, batteries and 2 window awnings...drove it, for 3 years, with no problems!  When I traded it in for a new 2006 Southwind 32, I got $26K !  Worked for me!  PPL will not sell trash....My best friend got a 5'er 2002 from PPL and had PPL sell it in 2008.  He got a very good deal.

I still look at coach listings on PPL.

The above was in Houston, TX. the original & only store they had back then.  I sill order parts from them!  $550?  Gone up $200 in 17 years!  10% is standard, depending on the value of what your selling.  There are break points, just like Real Estate.  

What coach are you getting next?  Or is Kerrville going to be/is it?  I'm currently at the ranch, 90 minutes North! :)

Carl C.

manholt: thanks for the feedback. Yes, Kerville has been our "go-to" winter destination, however last year & this year, due to my wife's health, we won't be going. We are considering selling our 37GT Thor Challenger (2014) since it is not getting enough use. We're not quitting, by any means, just taking a break & hope to purchase a newer unit once things improve. 

A top quality consignment dealer, as PPL appears to be, is WAY more appealing than going thru the hassle of trying to sell it myself.  I've heard the warnings  about consignment, and how the dealer tends to find things that need repaired/replaced in order to get the unit sold.

Richard

Closest PPL to you is Dallas.  Go for it.  Your right about selling it yourself, like a car...you never know, who or what may show up!

3 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

Carl, I believe that is Cleburne not Dallas, 2408 N Main St, Cleburne, TX. 800-755-4775. But I agree that is most likely the closest to him.

Herman 

Yup, Cleburne it is. Will let y'all know if we choose that route. 840 mile drive...not bad!   THANX!!

Carl, Herman is right.:P 

Richard, I don't think PPL tries to find issues but passes along what customers find. I would rather hear about issues weather it is a real problem or a perceived item or not realey a problem. Fixing a problem or negotiating the price might quicken how fast you sell it.

I have not heard of verrey many complaints about PPl considering how many people are doing business with them. 

Bill