jeananded

EGR temperatures & coolant level

Both Check Engine light and Stop engine light came on today; I had them checked at the local Cummins/Freightliner shop and the fault codes were as follows: CM850, 0235 (red dot-active), 0197 (yellow dot-active), 2962 (yellow dot-inactive), and 2961 (yellow dot-inactive). So driving it home from the shop, it started dribbling radiator fluid out the right side of the engine. This is in a 2006 Tiffin Allegro Bay, 34', with a Cummins 300hp, engine and freightliner frame. So  Before taking it back to the shop for reparis, I added water to the radiator, and in the drive to the shop, neither light came on! However, it has a pretty good leak in the cooling system on the passenger side of the engine. So maybe, the EGR isn't the culprit - maybe the temperature in the EGR is the culprit because the coolant was low. Maybe?

Ed Herbert

I had this same problem with my 2004 Phaeton 35RH, Cummins 300 ISB, when I was in CO this past Sept/Oct.  I had it thoughly checked before we left AL, it turned out to be a cracked coolant reservoir and thermostat (don't understand about this one though).  Both lights (Checked Eng/Shutdown Eng) came on, put the engine into a 'limp mode', then less than a minute later lights when out.  Got repaired in Loveland, CO at Stan's Auto Service, they were really good in getting me in and making the repairs.

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 2:57 PM, WILDEBILL308 said:

Both you and Carl are right. Now all we need is the Op to get back to us

Bill, how can Carl and Brett both right? Carl said that it is an ISL fred, Brett said is is a 5.9 ISB. Brett, right, Carl left!:ph34r: