rcieslak67

Motorhome Electrical switch

I have an electric shore power line on my Holiday Rambler Scepter, presently located in Destin, FL. Does anyone know of a place that would sell replacement switches for my shore power hose reel?

Have you tried the hardware stores, like Ace, True Value, Home Depot or you could go to a Auto parts store, search the web!?  If it is like mine, it's a 12vdc toggle  switch, on/off.  Remove it, take a picture or just take the  switch  with you!

Photos? (best to get both front and rear of switch)

There are lots of places online which sell these switches, and depending on what you're looking for it might be easy or it might be difficult.

If this is a 12v circuit, be sure to get switches which are rated for DC current, and the switches only rated for AC may not last long. (There's more arcing by nature in 12v circuits when making/breaking the circuit, and the DC switches are rated to handle this).

Probably double pole, double throw momentary switch if it powers both directions, if only one direction then single pole, single throw momentary. Walmart has a good selection in their automotive accessories. Be sure that you get one with at least same amperage that you already have, if more, no problem as long as it fits. Happy new year all.:rolleyes:

Kay, mine is double...up=in, down=out...just like my water line, both run off the start batteries.  Water line is 5 amp & power cord is 10 amp!

Carl, do you hold the switch for either direction, or is there a limit switch to stop it at the end of the run? If you hold it to make it run, it is momentary, if there is a limit circuit, then it will be a toggle.

Try to cross ref with PPL parts, Houston, Texas!  You'll probably get a better price & faster shipping!

If your in Destin still, there is a Dixie RV Super Store on I-10, exit 70...844-271-9575 for Parts & Service about 40 miles from you!