joaowens

How to Find Someone to Update RV

We would like to have the carpet replaced in our Class A, replace some furniture and possibly some other small updates. I don't even know where to begin to find someone to do this. We will be stationery in the Atlanta area in mid-April. Does anyone know know of anyone in or close to Atlanta that does flooring and other renovations?

Welcome to the forum! Glad that you're here.

We recently had our carpeting replaced by a certified flooring installer. He specializes in all sorts of oddball jobs, including RV and other small spaces. While there may be some RV-specific places near Atlanta, you might also try and make contact with a few of the better carpet stores in your area. My suggestion would be to go in and talk to the manager, and explain what you are looking for. They'll all be happy to sell you carpet, but the good stores will have a list of qualified installers that work on various types of jobs, including RVs. Stay away from the big box or chain stores and try and find a specialty carpet/flooring store, preferably a privately owned store.

When you find a place that can suggest a few names, contact the installers and chat with them. There is a certification program that these guys can go through, so don't be afraid to ask their qualifications and ask to see pictures/get references from other jobs they've done.

The furniture and other updates I'll let others address since my knowledge is limited there.

All of the places I know of are all in the Texas area, however there has been some posts about some place in Florida. Maybe someone from the Southeast can remember who that might be.

Good Luck and let us know who you find.

Herman

I know you do not do carpet but maybe you could talk him into hard wood or tile. 

Are you saying that you have openings this summer and you like working in a coach in the summer?:lol:

Ernie you are still one of the best RV floor guy around.

Herman

X2!  Most places I know of is Texas, Arizona and Indiana!  You could PM Kay, he might know, since he's around 2 hours SW of Atlanta!

23 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

I found the company I mentioned before.

Classic Coach Works

4 Sunshine Blvd

Ormond Beach, FL 32174

800-871-0017

386-944-9716

classiccoachwork.com

Hope this helps.

Herman

Smoky Mountain Coach Works in Sevierville, TN. Full service, cabinets, flooring, lighting furniture. Gary does it all. It just depends on what you want done. I just had our entire coach flooring replaced with carpet and luxury vinyl plank. I also had the Dutch Aire refrigerator upgrade done as well as lighting upgrades. In the process he rebuilt the slide mechanisms, replaced all the slide seals, slide toppers and repaired any leaks discovered. He'll do what every you can imagine and whatever your budget allows. Some pictures attached of the just completed work.

BTW you can also live in your coach up to a certain point while the coach is being done as he has several full hookup stations.

580831132[1].jpg.png

IMG950900_1.jpg

IMG950903.jpg

IMG950904_1.jpg

IMG950905.jpg

IMG950908.jpg

IMG950909.jpg

IMG950910.jpg

IMG950914.jpg

IMG950915.jpg

35 minutes ago, dspalding1 said:

I also had the Dutch Aire refrigerator upgrade done as well

What exactly is a Dutch Aire refrigerator upgrade?

Bill

It would help  to know, make, model, year and length coach!  I can only guess that it might be a Gulfstream, due to the 3 long windows...Damond had them also (terrace room).

Ernie, is the only person I would use for wood flooring! :wub:

There are several Vendors in AZ, IN and TX that does re-models.  You can find them in the back section of FMCA magazine or on line!