rwitt

NO BRAKE LIGHTS - 2008 Monaco Camelot

Getting ready to leave so checked lights on coach and TOAD.  Everything is working on both except brake lights.  Neither side is working on coach or TOAD.  I've checked all fuses in the left front panel below driver.  All fuses are good.  I pulled the bulb out of the left brake light socket and put it in the lights socket and it worked.  I put a new bulb in the brake light socket. and nothing.  There are a couple of relays that mention something about brakes.  Could it be a bad relay?  Any ideas???

Not sure where that is or how to tell if it's working.  Can you provide any assistance?

Need to make a correction.  My Monaco is a 2008 not 2012 (that's my Jeep)!?!?!?!

Under the floor by the brake pedal.  The switch will have 2 wires, one is 12 v and the other is hot when brake pedal is pushed.  You need the coach to be aired up for the brake lights to work.

desertdeals69 - great feedback! I either knew that it needed to be aired up or I have just been very lucky every time I checked them.  I guess I just forgot, but at any rate, thank you.  The brake lights work........

Most air brake vehicles that I have owned in the past and present uses an air activated brake light switch not a pedal switch. My current coach brake light switch is activated anytime the parking brake is applied as well, this very handy while checking the brake lights on the coach and the toad. Also there is a brake light that illuminates on the dash when the brake lights are on.

30 minutes ago, kaypsmith said:

Most air brake vehicles that I have owned in the past and present uses an air activated brake light switch not a pedal switch. My current coach brake light switch is activated anytime the parking brake is applied as well, this very handy while checking the brake lights on the coach and the toad. Also there is a brake light that illuminates on the dash when the brake lights are on.

Our brake lights are on when the parking brake is applied as well. Threw me for a loop when we first had the coach, since I couldn't figure out why the brake lights were always on. You're right - it is a handy way to check the bulbs.

I would start with the fuse . If I remember correctly there is a fuse for the stop lights in the panel , driver side in front of the front tire.

Do the brake lights work on the Jeep when disconnected from the coach?

Herman