OttoMAX

Air Ride

I have a 2016 American Allegiance Motor Home and cannot get the air ride to inflate. There is a hyd. leak in the jack's and they are up but the air ride won't inflate has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you handle it. Thank You for your help

OttoMax, Welcome to the FMCA Forum !

You mentioned 2 different issues. 

Do You have 120 psi air pressure in the system, both air gauges reading the same?

Hydraulic leak is located where?

Rich.

The Hyd. leak is back by the transmission and it does have 120 lbs on both gauges this is automatic air dump when you lower the jack's is ther a by-pass for the air ride I can't find one

The Hyd. leak is back by the transmission.

Can you tell if the leak is from the jacks or from the trans mission? 

Do you get any transmission error codes?

For some reason the auto dump valve is not closing to enable the air ride to inflate . Does your system have a manual air dump Switch?

Rich.

Oil leak is the line for the jack's no transmission codes no manual dump swithc that I can find always before when you rased the jack's the air ride would inflate

1 hour ago, OttoMAX said:

Oil leak is the line for the jack's no transmission codes no manual dump swithc that I can find always before when you rased the jack's the air ride would inflate

Think there is a possibility that the hydraulic leak in the system is the issue. The hydraulic system reservoirs generally have a level sensor and your auto air up might be in a default mode.

Suggest that you get the leak repaired and the reservoir filled to the proper level.

Keep us in the loop.

Rich.  

Have you walked around the coach with the engine running and with all air tanks full to listen for air leaks? It seems pretty uncommon for air ride to not try to raise at least one end or corner of the coach.

Try filling the reservoir for the jacks not using the jacks try again.  If fluid is low it may thinks the jacks are down and cause other problems.  

33 minutes ago, kaypsmith said:

Have you walked around the coach with the engine running and with all air tanks full to listen for air leaks? It seems pretty uncommon for air ride to not try to raise at least one end or corner of the coach.

Kay, He did check the air pressures for me and both systems where airing up to 120 lbs. So I kind of figured that the air system was intact.

Rich.

33 minutes ago, huffypuff said:

Try filling the reservoir for the jacks not using the jacks try again.  If fluid is low it may thinks the jacks are down and cause other problems.  

Ray there is a known leak in the leveling jack hydraulics that needs to be repaired. The thinking on my end is the possibility of the level sensor is not closing and is wired into the auto air up system when the jacks are up.

Rich.  

3 hours ago, OttoMAX said:

Found the problem i think a 150amp fuse has shorted out going to try a new one and see what happens

Interesting, By chance do you know what circuits are powered by the 150 Amp fuse? A Fuse of that size should affect a number of lower current circuits.

Rich.

12 hours ago, DickandLois said:

Ray there is a known leak in the leveling jack hydraulics that needs to be repaired. The thinking on my end is the possibility of the level sensor is not closing and is wired into the auto air up system when the jacks are up.

Rich.  

Beyond the the valves to near the transmission it may be a pressure leak.  

When I lost 2 off my hydraulic lines to my front Jacks & dumped all my fluid, it did not affect my ride height or air pressure.  I used my Air leveling, until I got to a shop, 800+ miles away!  It's a Fleetwood, REV, just like mine...FIVE had one, then got the Eagle!

If OP has the Jacks on Auto, the it will dump the air first, if it's on Manual, it will not...Power Gear Valid by Lippert.

33 minutes ago, manholt said:

When I lost 2 off my hydraulic lines to my front Jacks & dumped all my fluid, it did not affect my ride height or air pressure.  I used my Air leveling, until I got to a shop, 800+ miles away!  It's a Fleetwood, REV, just like mine...FIVE had one, then got the Eagle!

If OP has the Jacks on Auto, the it will dump the air first, if it's on Manual, it will not...Power Gear Valid by Lippert.

Carl, Did your coach have a manual air dump along with the auto dump setup? Otto did mention that he did not know about a manual dump valve.

Rich.

Once my air springs would not inflate, finally discovered I had interrupted the leveling procedure, which prevented air spring inflation. The solution was to re-level the coach, then store jacks. This must have reset something and allowed normal operation to resume.  This points to the hyd jack system as the source of your problem too.