mailman

Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4-door towable? 2019

I am looking for some one who tow this vehicle . I remember issue's concerning Jeep's.

My rig is a Winnebago Cambria 30 J 2014  V-10 Ford.

I can not find info concerning fuse's that have to removed while pulling. Maybe you do not

have to concern this. I need a Elmer.

Maybe one concern what hitch to use

Tim the Mailman

Tim,

Over weight would be a factor.  What is your hitch & rear axle rated for & how much do you weigh, when loaded for travel.  For a Jeep Unlimited, I would use a 10,000# hitch, Blue Ox or Roadmaster and M&G brake. 

There is no issue, that I know about, with the Wrangler Series in towing!

5000 hitch is plenty for  Jeep 4 Door unlimited. Your vehicle  will weigh approximately 4500 lbs. Almost all hitch ratings are rated at 5000 lbs. Ford V10... F53 will tow it with no problem. No fuses have to be removed, no key in ignition either. Stick or auto, juts put your transmission in neutral, put your trans axle in neutral, shift your transmission to park, you are done. Mileage does not accumulate in towing. Every manufacture and their brother makes tow bars, base plate hookups for jeeps.  You will also need a plug and play electrical setup for your lights and breaks for Jeep.

Jim P.

I tow my wrangler sahara 4door behind my Winnebago 2017 31G Minnie Winnie. Use Blue Ox for towing, works great.  However, I drive 71mph and only get 6.2 mpg.

CAMPFAR, welcome to the Forum!  What are your tires rated at?  65 mph or 75 mph! What's your DOT#?   My 315/80's (8) are rated at 75 mph!  June,2020. 

Jimpet, your a long time member, welcome back!  Just as a thought, my 2013 Jeep Wrangler, 2 door, Toad weight is, 4,470 lbs & I carry nothing in it. Yeah, it's on steroids!  I have a 15,000 lb hitch, on a 45' American Coach.

On 7/17/2019 at 12:21 PM, Jimpet said:

5000 hitch is plenty for  Jeep 4 Door unlimited. Your vehicle  will weigh approximately 4500 lbs. Almost all hitch ratings are rated at 5000 lbs. Ford V10... F53 will tow it with no problem. No fuses have to be removed, no key in ignition either. Stick or auto, juts put your transmission in neutral, put your trans axle in neutral, shift your transmission to park, you are done. Mileage does not accumulate in towing. Every manufacture and their brother makes tow bars, base plate hookups for jeeps.  You will also need a plug and play electrical setup for your lights and breaks for Jeep.

Jim P.

My '14 Wrangler 4 dr manual says to put trans in park and transfer case in neutral. That was the same for my '97 Grand Cherokee.

The manual trans is supposed to be in gear and transfer case in neutral. 

Your Wrangler would be the newer model, a JL. The standard M&G brake system will not fit your model, but they now make a different one, give M&G a call, they are very helpful.

What I  would do is weight the coach ready to camp with everyone in it.  Then I would take that number and subtract it from the Gross Combined Weight Rating (GCWR) to determind the max weight.  A friend found that he could only tow about 3500 pounds without exceeding GCWR.

Even if the OP has left sometimes good to add in information in case someone searches and finds the thread.  Half the time I get my answers searching.

It's not like Tim, not following up on his Posts...He's been a member of this Forum since August of 2009!  Something is not right..:(