mnje1988@gmail.com

suggestions on class A tire monitor system

I can speak for my experience, which is with the TireMinder system. We've had it since buying at Gillette rally last summer, and have been pleased with it to date. Pretty simple to use, and even more simple to install. Would suggest getting a sensor for your spare tire, if you have one.

1 hour ago, richard5933 said:

I can speak for my experience, which is with the TireMinder system. We've had it since buying at Gillette rally last summer, and have been pleased with it to date. Pretty simple to use, and even more simple to install. Would suggest getting a sensor for your spare tire, if you have one.

If you are at a show and have the monitor or one sensor with you they will supply you with free replacement batteries.  

5 hours ago, mnje1988@gmail.com said:

Looking for suggestion on tire monitor system for a class A coach?

Thanks

Johnny

We run EEZ Tire. It’s my 3rd system and aside from Pressure Pro it works flawlessly. I also doesn’t need a repeater even to receive signal from the Toad.

https://eezrvproducts.com/

I had Tire Minder after Pressure Pro (sold it with the last coach) and I had a terrible experience with Tire Minder. I have heard TST is another good one. After a lengthy interview with the folks at EEZ Tire I was so impressed by their designs and common sense built into the unit I splurged and bought it.

I would have purchased another Pressure Pro but the batteries are not replaceable in the sensors and that was a turn off. 

46 minutes ago, jleamont said:

We run EEZ Tire. It’s my 3rd system and aside from Pressure Pro it works flawlessly. I also doesn’t need a repeater even to receive signal from the Toad.

https://eezrvproducts.com/

I had Tire Minder after Pressure Pro (sold it with the last coach) and I had a terrible experience with Tire Minder. I have heard TST is another good one. After a lengthy interview with the folks at EEZ Tire I was so impressed by their designs and common sense built into the unit I splurged and bought it.

I would have purchased another Pressure Pro but the batteries are not replaceable in the sensors and that was a turn off. 

Curious what problems you had with Tire Minder. Ours has been working well so far, even with our coach having a metal skin - I thought that the signal would have trouble getting through because of that, but so far so good.

1, Tires would warm up and the pressures would rise (normal). When we would stop for the day I would get 10 Pressure loss alarms over the next hour as the tires were cooling back to their cold pressure. 

2, the system would turn on automatically when it sensed vibration the coach. If you walked towards the front it would come on with an obnoxious beep and the screen would illuminate. You could hear it over the AC, it would wake up the kids (they sleep up front). This would also happen every time one of the dogs would hop off of a sofa, our biggest dog is 12 lbs. 

3, false alarms while driving. I would get low psi alarms, pull over thinking I had a problem only to find out there was no low pressure concern. I would have to reset the unit, on the side of the road.

I spoke to their customer service and was advised My tires were cooling too fast which was the root cause of my problems. 

Poor guy at EEZ Tire, I grilled him over the phone and went through all of my scenarios that drove us nuts. He assured me that tires naturally increase pressure as the become hotter and they understand that process, which I already knew.

He was so confident in their system he gave me his personal cell phone number. He told me if their system ever acted that ridiculous to call him no matter when and if they couldn’t fix it over the phone immediately they would refund 100% of my money including shipping. We hung up and I called him back right after they closed for the day just to make sure his number was real and he wasn’t pulling my leg. He answered the phone I thanked him and the rest was history. He thought that was funny and sent me extra batteries no charge. 

Thats customer service! 

I also was surprised by the beep every time the TireMinder turns itself on, now manually shutting it down is part of the parking checklist.
The low pressure during cool down issue is not one I've experienced (yet).

Johnny.   Welcome to the Forum!:)

My coach came with the Pressure Pro and it was entered into the computer system & my camera screen, I have had no problems at all.  As Joe said, you can't change the batteries out, but I'm on my second set since 2013...I called them, when my computer told me, to change out...got a new set in three days including box to send my  old ones back.  My cost was $310 for 12.  No, they are not cheap, but they last longer than batteries.  

What make, model, year coach do you have?

Carl 

I've had TST TPMS systems since 2005, never have had a bad experience with them. I started out with the TST 510 system that served me well. Now I have the TST 507 system with the MH +towed. It is the flow-through system, which makes adjusting pressure easy, the batteries are user replaceable, and normally last  me 3-4 years.

My only concern with this TST 507 is, they keep improving their products, and now I'm 6 years out-dated. If mine would ever break I could buy a new model.

While I don't have a Class-A, other than the length, I'm not sure if any one system is significantly better than another. As long as the system you buy can handle the total number of tires on your coach + toad AND is rated for your tire pressure. Warranty length and service may be the only meaningful difference between some units.

I have done what I think is the only direct real-life comparison of internal vs external system back in 2018 and published the results on my blog.

But some general observations and comments.

IMO User-replaceable batteries are a plus. You can confirm the battery P/N before purchase and check at a grocery store or at Home Depot or Lowes for both price & availability but most are under $2 each and last 1 to 2 years depending on use.  I have found that after 8 to 18 months use, low battery power may contribute to a dropped signal. My solution is to mark the install month year date with Sharpie.

I do like a system with long (Lifetime?) warranty and one that actually has the dealer/distributor attend RV conventions as that means they have people that are not just selling "widgets" on Amazon and probably have a telephone, email, and website.

RE: Repeater. I have listened to the "sales-pitch" from a number of different vendors at FMCA Convention and most will ask about the type & length of coach and offer suggestion to get a repeater or not but I also note that some will offer to send a repeater for just the cost of the repeater if you discover you need one later. Others just include a repeater with all sales just ask and see what they say or offer.

Alarms going off. I have a blog post on how I set my TPMS and haven't had any false alarms with the TireTraker system I purchased in 2009 (I did upgrade to the TT500 in 2018 after I killed the original TT400 monitor by connecting the wrong charger to it. My error not TT)

I have found I do not need a power cord to the monitor on the dash as a single overnight charge is good for weeks of daytime use.

I do shut off the monitor each evening. In the morning I turn it on again and by the time I am done with my coffee all 6 sensors have sent in the baseline pressure so I get a fresh "cold" pressure reading just to keep an eye on things. Do not be confused with the time to establish a signal. As far as I know, sensors only send a signal once every 8 to 15 minutes to conserve battery life. They also will send a Low-Pressure warning within 2 to 4 seconds. Read the literature or ask the dealer to learn what your system timing is.

Maintenance:  I do run a "test" every year to confirm the sensors are still reporting air loss in the first few seconds. The post also covers spare parts I keep on hand.