Danandpam

Looking for a braking system for towing Dodge 1500 Ram

Welcome to the forum. Don't know what type motorhome you have, that info will help others to give their best answer. I personally like my M&G, proportional braking and hooked right into the air brake system on my coach. If you do not have air brakes, their system can develop it's own air with an added on pump.

We have a winnebago Voyage.  2006 it's a workhorse chassis with Allison transmission. We tried a braking system. It's wireless, using a tablet and hub to communicate with the system in the towed vehicle. Had trouble with it loosing communication with each other. Was a pain. Don't want to go that way. Took it back, still looking for something else. 

The only "wired" brake controllers, where the user may adjust braking strength, do not have a great track record.  Search the internet for  MH towed vehicle braking problems. One guy mis-adjusted his "wired" towed braking device, total repair cost was about $2K for new braking system on towed.

I also have an M&G braking system, on our second towed vehicle too.

My favorite is the inertial system by Ready Brake by NSA:  ReadyBrake™ Towed Vehicle Supplemental Brake System (2" Receiver Style)

That's the system I've used for well over 30 years.  It's proportional and connects quickly and simply.  The more your towed pushes on the motorhome, the more braking force it exerts.  As soon as you're pulling on the towed again, the brakes are released.  I've got an LED on the dash connected to the brake light switch in the towed to let me know when the brakes are being applied.  If my became serviceable tomorrow I'd buy another one to replace it without a second thought.