sgtjoe

Tire Size For TradeWinds MH

Hi, just joined this group and am looking for new tires to replace my Michelins.  Mine are the XRV 235/80R 22.5 that National/Freightliner originally installed at the factory.  The biggest problem is trying to figure out what the current size will cross over to Continental or Hankook.  So if anyone on here has switched out their factory Michelins to the other two tire outfits, would you please let me know.  BTW, my 7 year old Michelins still look like new, no dents, even wear and not a crack anywhere.  My MH is a 2001 National Tradewinds 7390

I checked the main page but there is no cross over from my Michelin tire size to other brand tire size.

The tire sizes are universal, not specific to a particular brand. In this case it just seems that not many manufacturers are making that size tire. You're not trying to cross reference a 'Michelin' size to another brand's size. What you're trying to do is find a more commonly available size that will work in this application.

What I'm looking for are other Tradewind owners who have switched tire brands and if there was no problem in doing so, especially on the duels.

What you need more than other Tradewind owners who have switched tire brands is to go bookmark the link that FIVE posted. Then you can compare your 235/80R 22.5 and find tires that are close to the original size. The tires that DD posted about are close enough to work. 

Bill

With dual tires, the one thing to consider (that many overlook) is the required spacing. That gap between the two dual tires must be at least as big as the tire specs require or you may have serious problems. Once you find another tire size that is equivalent to what you had previously, you still need to verify the dual spacing requirements will be met by your existing wheels.

A great idea would be to find a reputable commercial tire dealer near you and go ask for their recommendations. They do this every day, and should be able to help you select tires.

In my experience, selecting tires is like selecting fabric for a suit. What feels good to one person may not to another. You're considering top tier tires, so quality is not going to be the issue. The things like ride, noise, etc. are subjective and what I consider a great tire others will not like at all. Continental and Hankook make nice tires, as do Toyo and Michelin.