obiwan_canoli

Mattress Linen

I have an OEM mattress, Queen (80 X 60) that, I believe, is about 5 inches thick. The linen I bought through AB Lifestyles, though as a newbie, I wasn't exactly sure I was ordering the right stuff... what I ended up with was both a bottom and top sheet with elasticized corners, and though it was the correct size, it's too big to fit snugly.

I thought a mattress topper might fill the gap, so to speak, but felt sure others have experienced this issue, so I'm writing to seek input as to how best to resolve this.

Your thoughts?

Thanks, Michael

Buy a couple of sets of suspenders.  Clip them on the underside of the mattress to keep the sheets tight.  One top to bottom and one side to side.  Works great.

Bed Bath and Beyond sells straps like suspender straps for a nominal fee. On our last MH we had the problem even with a topper, but the topper is nice. Hooking the straps under the mattress on the bottom sheet kept things in place.  For store bought pant suspenders try to get individual ones instead of the ones with the "Y" but that would still work if they are long enough.

Buy the suspenders in the men's department at Walmart under $10 or buy them at Camping World for $15+.  Not sure what BB&B gets for them but if their called anything but pants suspenders, expect to pay more.  You can cut the stitches at the Y if they bother you or use them as they come.  Either way, they'll pull the sheets or mattress pad tight.  I bought the biggest, widest suspenders they had.  I cut the stitching on the first ones but didn't bother on the second pair.  They both work great for the little they cost. 

6 hours ago, wayne77590 said:

BBB, Walmart, Amazon, all have bed sheet suspenders and they are typically cheaper than men's suspenders.

They do, but the elastic is not the best. I've gone through a few sets of these on our home mattress. Not sure if the suspenders are any better.

There are also various types of clips out there, but every one I've tried proved to be more trouble than it was worth.

In the end, I found that getting better sheets with heavier elastic all the way around the bottom was a better solution.

And, as I type this I'm wondering if it would be possible to sew a channel/pocket all the way around the perimeter of the fitted sheet, and in that channel/pocket run a drawstring that could be tightened underneath the mattress (similar to what holds the ironing board cover on an ironing board.)

Take a look at these. https://bargoosebedding.com/products/sofa-sleeper-sheets?variant=28587674599458&currency=USD&utm_campaign=gs-2020-01-30&utm_source=google&utm_medium=smart_campaign&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIkvDq8du76AIVEY_ICh33zQyKEAQYBSABEgJen_D_BwE Or have my wife teach you how to use flat sheets and tuck them so that they will stay in place. After forty years in nursing homes that never used fitted sheets, she is pretty good at it, LOL:huh: I know that the one listed in my link is 59 wide but that little amount will not matter.

On 3/28/2020 at 3:46 AM, kaypsmith said:

Take a look at these. https://bargoosebedding.com/products/sofa-sleeper-sheets?variant=28587674599458&currency=USD&utm_campaign=gs-2020-01-30&utm_source=google&utm_medium=smart_campaign&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIkvDq8du76AIVEY_ICh33zQyKEAQYBSABEgJen_D_BwE Or have my wife teach you how to use flat sheets on  best mattress topper for side sleepers and tuck them so that they will stay in place. After forty years in nursing homes that never used fitted sheets, she is pretty good at it, LOL:huh: I know that the one listed in my link is 59 wide but that little amount will not matter.

LOlx, I can relate with this. My wife has taught me how should I tuck in the bed sheet on a mattress.