huffypuff

Our New Holiday Adventures

3 hours ago, manholt said:

We also run our water thru a water softener before it enters house (coach also) .  Puff, what was the odometer reading when you got it?  That gen hour reading is too high to my thinking for a 12-18 month old coach...you got a big service at 1,000 hours!  Don't forget, once the coach arrives at the show, it's hooked up to 50 A.

No, very little 50 amp unless at a FMCA rally so it's generator.  

OK you got me looking at some numbers.  The K2 Spartan chassis was built on 02/2018 and the motorhome was built 04/2018 for the 2019 model year.  Entegra was suppose to show their 2021 lineup at FMCA Tucson, AZ.  So the chassis and the motorhome will be soon 2 years old.  The factory probable took it to shows first before delivering to RV country.   

RV Country has 11 location in WA, OR, CA, AZ and NV including Quartzite and does at least one show a month.   With this Entegra nearing 2 years old in January, the factory wanted it sold and deeply discounted it nearly 40%.   That's when DW saw it a "fell in love with it" and you know what my job is to get it.  Also by then it had 8,500 miles on it and 600 +hours on the generator.  To deliver it from Quartzite, AZ to Mount Vernon, WA made the odometer read 9,842 miles.   It had starting to  show wear from so many customers had to look and broke a couple of small items.  Many of that has been cleaned or fixed.  

When we picked it up Friday the 2 years factory warranty begins with added 5 years tire and wheel protection and 6 year 75,000 miles extended protection plan.  Many may say the extra warranty is not worth the extra cost but DW is happy.   

DW is loading inside the coach and my job is the basement.  There s no hurry to get it done right now so that gives my time to check everything out and get fixed what don't work right before the shake down.  

Puff, most tire brands have their own warranty, included in price of tire!  For DW's peace of mind, 5 year +2 year warranty is a (expensive) but good thing!  A lot of overlap there.  40% off  what? MSRP?  Dealers or Factory?

Puff, I have had an Extended Service Plan for 12 years and I have used them extensively. We also have peace of mind. Mine has Seals and stuff added to it.  It may be expensive but IMO it is worth it.

3 hours ago, manholt said:

Puff, most tire brands have their own warranty, included in price of tire!  For DW's peace of mind, 5 year +2 year warranty is a (expensive) but good thing!  A lot of overlap there.  40% off  what? MSRP?  Dealers or Factory?

Off the manufacture MSRP window sticker.  I have the window sticker that matches the vin and serial number.  

3 hours ago, wayne77590 said:

Puff, I have had an Extended Service Plan for 12 years and I have used them extensively. We also have peace of mind. Mine has Seals and stuff added to it.  It may be expensive but IMO it is worth it.

The extended warranty I have covers everything except maintenance items.  Imagine if that large whirlpool fridge had to be replace and the only way to get it out is to remove the windshield.  Yes, peace of DW mind.    

4 hours ago, manholt said:

The wheel and tire warranty covers road hazards if I flatten and damage the wheels.   

Your RS sounds great. Ray your said "The wheel and tire warranty covers road hazards if I flatten and damage the wheels." I have heard so many problems with approvals from the RS, how does it work if you have a blow out, heavens forbids on the weekend? Do they contact a service and pay for everything? What if they don't have a service in the middle of Montana? Will they match the tire and rim to what you have?

Just wondering, it sounds great.

Herman

5 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

Your RS sounds great. Ray your said "The wheel and tire warranty covers road hazards if I flatten and damage the wheels." I have heard so many problems with approvals from the RS, how does it work if you have a blow out, heavens forbids on the weekend? Do they contact a service and pay for everything? What if they don't have a service in the middle of Montana? Will they match the tire and rim to what you have?

Just wondering, it sounds great.

Herman

The tire and wheel protection is a separate contract and hopefully I won't have to use it.  I'm sure there are extremes when it would cost you more.  

Huff, the lines should already be there in the entertainment compartment.

Do you know for sure the antenna is programmed for DirecTV?

On 4/1/2020 at 8:46 PM, wayne77590 said:

Huff, the lines should already be there in the entertainment compartment.

Do you know for sure the antenna is programmed for DirecTV?

It's direct TV and it still needs a receiver either a HD $119 one or a HD one that records $199.  That allows me to get the receiver to lease as long as I have programming.  If I quit I have to return the receiver.  Once I get one of them and installed I have to call direct TV RV support and get programming.   I'm not going to do that right now maybe better deal later.

Do anybody know how to reprogram the keyless entry?  The dealer default 5 digit code is still in it and I can't get it out.   I think I have to remove it before because I can't overwrite it.  I get into programming mode but it won't overwrite it.  I'm allowed 5 slot.  

9 minutes ago, FIVE said:

Do you have a key fob?  We use it rather than the keyless entry touch pad.

There are three reason I want to change it.  DW doesn't like handling key fobs and otherwise would leave it unlocked.  The dealer have their code in it so any salesman or mechanic  can walk up to it and get inside.  It will be nice to leave keys and wallet home inside when going to locker room at campground swim pool spa.   

Puff, when we bought our Monaco 13 years ago we changed the key pad code. All I did was pull out the pad and entered our number by the instructions. Our new code over rode the old code.

Herman 

43 minutes ago, hermanmullins said:

Puff, when we bought our Monaco 13 years ago we changed the key pad code. All I did was pull out the pad and entered our number by the instructions. Our new code over rode the old code.

Herman 

This keypad has 5 slots for codes with number one position taken by the dealer code.  I believe I have to reset to factory access code to over ride that code.  

Ray,

Mine is also a 5 slot keypad. (1/2  -  3/4  -  5/6  -  7/8  --  9/0). Keypad are all the same as how they are configured and for what they look like.

Here is how mine is programed.  My programming switch is in the arm rest next to the passenger chair. I have to pull out the cup holder, reach down to find the switch and pull it out. It is long enough to get it where you can work with it.

TO PROGRAM SYSTEM or TO CHANGE THE MASTER CODE: 

1. Locate and press the programming switch.

2. Four rapid beeps will sound.

3. Enter 1119 on the keypad. (This is the keypad outside)

4 Three rapid beeps will sound.

5. Enter the new 3 to 8 digit MASTER USER CODE. (Again on the keypad outside)

6. Wait 5 seconds for 2 rapid beeps. Your new Master User Code is set.

7 Test the new Master User Code.

8. If the new code does not work, repeat steps 1 through 7

CAUTION!!!

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE DOOR KEYS BEFORE TESTING THE NEW MASTER USER CODE

Ray, I hope you are able to use this information.

Ours is 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.  Has a lock symbol on top of 1 and a door bell symbol below 5.   It's a TriMark, just as Wayne posted..Linda proved that only children & women can set the code!  Shop code is gone. :blink::ph34r:

6 minutes ago, manholt said:

Ours is 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.  Has a lock symbol on top of 1 and a door bell symbol below 5.   It's a TriMark, just as Wayne posted..Linda proved that only children & women can set the code!  Shop code is gone. :blink::ph34r:

That is the number the dealer was using and must be changed

2 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

Ray, I forgot to say, your key FOB is set to the unit and will work with whatever code you have set.

Herman

I also have push button start and have to use process A to reset to factory.  I have to turn the key ignition on and hit the unlock button to disabled the alarm first.  Then find the button in the dash.