akadeadeye

FMCA - TCS Fuel Card

38 minutes ago, manholt said:

Don't forget the 10% it's costing us for each transaction.  

That's only 10% of the discounted amount, not of the sale price. If they save you $40, you pay TSD $4.0 which is still quite the saving.

1 hour ago, richard5933 said:

TSD has announced that their biggest discounts are with TA/Petro right now, so this would seem to be correct. At one time the discount at Loves was the bigger one.

Yes I have ben running at the $0.15- $0.17 range with Loves.

1 hour ago, manholt said:

Don't forget the 10% it's costing us for each transaction.

I went back and looked at my transaction details and I was  charged $0.65 for  TA and Loves was $0.40 I don't see where you are seeing a 10% charge.

Bill

Yes, I  went back and re read the web site. Where it said "Our fee is 10% of the savings per gallon." I don't mind giving them $0.40  to save $15.42 (sample transaction at Love's).So that is why I couldn't see the correlation on savings. The fee was the same because savings  per gallon was the same even though the total savings varied.;)

Bill

Some fuel stops also have a per-transaction fee in addition to the fee TSD takes. Depends somewhat on the specifics of the contract negotiated with TSD.

Here's a quote from the TSD website: Our fee is 10% of the savings per gallon and up to 15% for commercial.  So if the retail cost is $3.00 per gallon and our cost is $2.50 per gallon, your fee will be 5 cents per gallon.

3 hours ago, richard5933 said:

Here's a quote from the TSD website: Our fee is 10% of the savings per gallon and up to 15% for commercial.  So if the retail cost is $3.00 per gallon and our cost is $2.50 per gallon, your fee will be 5 cents per gallon.

So explain this, on my last 4 stops at Love's the "fees" were all $0.40 per transaction. Yet the number of gallons varied. So at this point I will just take my $0.16 per gallon savings and keep on smiling. Just like I said in a previous post. I don't mind giving them $0.40  to save $15.42.

Do you have a card? 

Bill

Like I mentioned earlier, some fuel stops have a per-transaction fee in addition to the TSD fee. That transaction fee is passed onto the fuel stop, not TSD IIRC. Not all stores carrying a particular brand name are corporate stores, and it's my understanding that because of that they don't all have the same negotiated prices and fees.