richard5933

Recent increase in trolls/robotic postings

Is there two types of memberships, one to access the forum and one for the FMCA site?
It could be set up that way.

Hopefully this change will be communicated to FMCA members - maybe it will prompt more members to participate in the forum again.

Jim S. has been a full member on Forum since 2010...Since his F# is  retired, I think he and others with a F# should be "Grandfathered."  Just MHO! :(

Build the site with read only for most with  a couple that non members can post in to ask question to help encourage them to join  

Sorry but we can't pick and choose. It will be for FMCA Members only. They will be able to view but will need to join FMCA if they want to participate in the Forum.

Herman

Personally, I don't even like the ability of a non-member to view the forum.  Trolls are trolls and social engineering is so easy when they have easy access.  I have been lax over the past couple years. Used to be I would never post when I was leaving, where I was going, or when I was coming back.  I now have a robust security system at the house, therefore a little more relaxed. It's unfortunate, but life is life and there are those who scan forums just to get information to create an ability to be a thief.

Members only-read/write.