C-921500

Traveling Gardnerville NV to Framingham MA

Can anyone suggest a good app to plan a trip from Nevada to Massachusetts.  Planning on a vacation type ride sightseeing etc. Campgrounds for dumping grey and black tanks.  Two hundred to 400 hundred miles per day.

Hi, welcome to the Forum! :)

Would help to know, type and length of RV?  Freeway's or secondary roads?  

6 years ago, I took US50 across to I-70E to Denver in a 45' coach (not the 47' I have now), with a JK Toad.  I will do US 50 again. 

Wow! That is an ambitious trip of 2900+ miles. I hope it is not a two week vacation.

Have you tried using Google Maps? You can drag any point on the route they give you to secondary or other areas of interest to you.

As Carl stated, it would be nice if you put you information in your signature line to help better plan.

14 hours ago, C-921500 said:

Can anyone suggest a good app to plan a trip from Nevada to Massachusetts.  Planning on a vacation type ride sightseeing etc. Campgrounds for dumping grey and black tanks.  Two hundred to 400 hundred miles per day.

Welcome to the forum. 

What RV are you going in? 400 miles is a day is a long day. at least 10 hours of drive time not counting breaks and stopping for lunch.

Here are some tools to help you plan your trip. RV Parky is a good tool to find places to stay and plan routs. http://www.rvparky.com/
Gas Buddy You can down load it from your app store. Find cheap gas and you can record your gas/fuel expenses. You can look ahead and see what the prices are where you are headed . It helps plan fuel stops.
RV park reviews is a good tool to see what other people think about a place. http://www.rvparkreviews.com/
NPS you can look up things to see/points of interest. https://www.nps.gov/index.htm
You can also see what campgrounds are available in the different parks.   
Also look at getting a pass and if you are 62 or older definitely get a Senior Pass it is a $100.00 Lifetime pass that covers everyone in your car. https://www.nps.gov/planyourvisit/passes.htm
 You may have to wait till you get to your first park they have a great way to record the parks you have ben to. It is called a Passport, you buy it in the visitor’s center, it kind of looks like a Passport but you add stickers and stamp the date and time you were at the park.  
One other thing you need is get a Passport America discount card. This is a tool to help campgrounds fill empty spots during the week or slow times. Each campground sets the time and discount but most times it is 50% and some places 3-4 days.
We saved about $450.00 last year. I think I got my $44.00 back. http://www.passport-america.com/

Just a possible route would be go north to Reno then 80 to Salt lake City. Then 15 north to Tetons/Yellowstone area then east on 90 to Massachusetts. From Massachusetts go south to I-40 and go west.

Bill

Welcome to the Forum C-921500. Bill has given you some great information for current and future travels.

Bill, you have given some valuable information for lots of folks.

Thanks,

Herman

21 minutes ago, dbenoit said:

Framingham? 

Yes, Framingham is a city in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts in the United States. Incorporated in 1700, it is within Middlesex County and the Metro West subregion of the Greater Boston metropolitan area. Wikipedia. :D 

Framingham? dbenoit, I bet it is a family thing. Most people would say they were going to Boston.

Bill

Edited by wildebill308

lol @ Framingham Bill. I spent a lot of nights passed out in the car there. The route 9 experience in the 80's.

I agree with wildbill on several of the apps he suggests.  Especially campgroundreviews.com (formerly rvparkreviews).  Lots of great reviews, and they are paired with the rvlife app which can offer more info, like showing campgrounds along your route.

DB, my dead DW was from Lebanon, NH and her mother from Quincy, Mass....When I was with them on the Cape (Provincetown) they would always say, lets take the Ferry to "The commons!"  Never would the word Boston enter the conversation! :wacko:

I spent the first 18 years of my life in North Brookfield, Massachusetts, but it was an accident of birth!!

Personally I'd avoid the Mass Pike and pick up I-84 through CT to Sturbridge then maybe US-20 to 9 and to Framingham.  I have not been on 20 or 9 in many years. Stop and go for sure.

Edited by wayne77590
Atrocious spelling!

Well once again the OP hasn't been back. 

Wayne, I was looking at that route because we are going east after Wyoming and Co. Most likely route is pick up I-80 to the south of Chicago then merge onto I-90 (The Mass Pike West) and take it the rest of the way to I-95 north.(take the 495 loop around Boston). We are going north of Portland ME.

I don't see the "I-84 through CT to Sturbridge then maybe US-20" but I would stay on I-90 much better route and they have places to stop. I have been cross lots in New England and had a hard time finding a place to pull over and accessible fuel stations are tough to find.. It has been 2 years since the last time I was up there but I have been in that area a lot. 

Bill

My preferred route would be I-84 to Sturbridge and then pick pick up US-20 for 13 miles to I-290 to I-495 and to I-95.

The 13 or so miles on Route 20 would be no big deal, or I-84 to Sturbridge and pick up I-90 to 495. Save a few tolls.

Not a lot of "good" campground in CT or MA on either route.

(I-80 to I-81 to I-84 and onward.

Edited by wayne77590

On 4/29/2021 at 8:28 AM, wayne77590 said:

Wow! That is an ambitious trip of 2900+ miles. I hope it is not a two week vacation.

Have you tried using Google Maps? You can drag any point on the route they give you to secondary or other areas of interest to you.

As Carl stated, it would be nice if you put you information in your signature line to help better plan.

Update April 2023 well looks like August 2023 to go Gardnerville nv to Framingham ma. We have a 2020 holiday rambler endeavor 38w dp.  Towing 2012 mini cooper s