mfinnesgard

Sprint Hotspot battery swelling

The battery on my hotspot from FMCA is expanding. It has popped the back cover off. 
can/should i replace it with another hotspot i have until i get a new battery.

i have a netgear 4G LTE LB1120 I’m currently not using 

mark

I had that problem, because I was leaving it on charge all the time. New battery. Charged to 100% and switch to one of those small white cube chargers for an iPhone. Maintains,  but doesn’t over charge. 

I solved my battery overheating (twice) by connecting it to a 24hr timer. After a while you know how many hours to charge per day. Set and forget.

5 hours ago, dpankie said:

I solved my battery overheating (twice) by connecting it to a 24hr timer. After a while you know how many hours to charge per day. Set and forget.

This is also what we do.  Many timers only let you program one on and off per day.  We got one that can be programmed with multiple sessions each day.  I've got it programmed for one or two hours on and off during the day, and off all night long when there is no usage.

It comes from leaving the unit plugged in and overcharging the battery.  When fully charged the device's display will tell you it's fully charged and to unplug it.  We use a simple light timer with multiple off/on cycles.  Properly set on/off cycles will keep the MiFi charged without overcharging it.