bmiller260

Warranty work taking forever

I'm trying to get warranty work done on my 2021 Phaeton at an 'authorized' dealer. These guys are taking forever (9 weeks and counting) to repair mostly minor items. I do have an issue with the middle ac that they've supposedly identified. They've estimated 3 weeks to receive the part. I've heard that warranty work takes a back seat to non-warranty, due to the fact authorized dealers don't make as much on warranty repairs.

Anyone else run into this type of foot-dragging?? We'd like to get back on the road; quite frustrating...

Thanks

Who is doing the work? Just so you know parts are in realey short supply eaven for the factory. Add to that the dealer "must" purchase all warranty parts through the factory. This includes things he could get at the local hardware store. I have heard of new coaches stuck at the factory because they couldn't get parts like air conditioner's. So it may not be foot-dragging as much as shortages in the supply line. But on the outher hand they may be lazy foot-draggers.:lol:

Bill

Edited by wildebill308

We have a minor issue with the entry door ( whistling at highway speed). The dealer said it could take a couple weeks to go through the process. We decided to wait until October as we want to travel through September and take a break Oct- Nov. Sorry for your troubles.

Everything is in tight supply and it becomes harder to get parts from a dealer that you didn't buy the coach from!  I would get in touch with Tiffin in Red Bay and ask them if they or one of the other shops there, could take care of your Warranty work.  

If its minor items, pay out of pocket....do you wish to travel this year or wait until next summer?

HMCHW, I bet that you'll find the answer yourself by Oct.  Its a matter of adjustment of your door that's warped.  I had it on a 2007 WB Tour and on a 2011 Allegro Bus!

Enjoy your Summer

6 hours ago, manholt said:

HMCHW, I bet that you'll find the answer yourself by Oct.  Its a matter of adjustment of your door that's warped.  I had it on a 2007 WB Tour and on a 2011 Allegro Bus!

Enjoy your Summer

Yep, don't watch while they "readjust" the door the first time, it's hard on your heart.

We have been trying since March has been to dealer 3 times. They have no clue. Took pictures and sent them to Thor. Not in spec. Need to remove and rehang using the shipping spacers the door manufacture has in when shipped to Thor. If that does not work they will put in a new door.

Edited by HMCSW

For general information, the service manager for a Camping World super center explained to me the process for service work. A customer makes an appt. for service work, whether it be warranty or customer pay. On said appt. time the RV is logged in and put on the rotation calendar, when it reaches the top of the list the RV is moved into a service bay for diagnostics. After diagnostics are confirmed the RV is  moved back to the storage lot and placed at the bottom of the "parts ordered" list and required parts are ordered.

When parts arrive  for said RV they are held until the customers RV reaches the top of the waiting list again. Customers RV is moved into the next vacant service bay and repairs are performed.

That service manager then told me after parts for our MH are ordered I could take our MH back home with us until parts arrived; however, traveling RVers were put at the top of the list for repair work.

I have no clue about other RV dealerships, but expect they follow the same practice.

Edited by rayin

39 minutes ago, rayin said:

For general information, the service manager for a Camping World super center explained to me the process for service work. A customer makes an appt. for service work, whether it be warranty or customer pay. On said appt. time the RV is logged in and put on the rotation calendar, when it reaches the top of the list the RV is moved into a service bay for diagnostics. After diagnostics are confirmed the RV is  moved back to the storage lot and placed at the bottom of the "parts ordered" list and required parts are ordered.

When parts arrive  for said RV they are held until the customers RV reaches the top of the waiting list again. Customers RV is moved into the next vacant service bay and repairs are performed.

That service manager then told me after parts for our MH are ordered I could take our MH back home with us until parts arrived; however, traveling RVers were put at the top of the list for repair work.

I have no clue about other RV dealerships, but expect they follow the same practice.

Funny, car and truck dealers operate differently (every place I've worked anyway). 

Appt, arrive. Pull in diagnose, look over for up-sells and create an estimate, call customer for approval and provide ETA, if warranty, call customer to provide ETA. Put outside, gather parts, pull back in and complete. We NEVER wanted to hold something longer than absolutely necessary. Takes up too much space! If parts on hand and its a quick one, just wrap it all up and get it out of there. 

Edited by jleamont

Yes, that is what I was familiar with too, until we bought a MH from Camping World. Once the process was explained to me It makes sense because parts for MH's are not an item every auto supply store or warehouse stocks.

17 minutes ago, rayin said:

Yes, that is what I was familiar with too, until we bought a MH from Camping World. Once the process was explained to me It makes sense because parts for MH's are not an item every auto supply store or warehouse stocks.

You’d think that’s more of a reason to diagnose it quickly and order parts, put it outside. 

Ray. That's one reason why I don't deal with CW!  

Joe.  I use 3 shops in Texas and one in Cortez, CO.  Once you get an appt, your in/out ASAP!  RV's take up a lot off room to store and move around.  Depending upon your problem or part needed, your rig is at the shop or a local Campground.

On 7/10/2021 at 4:47 AM, manholt said:

Enjoy your Summer

Contacted Challenger( door manufacturer): they jumped right on it. They and my customer service rep at Thor got together: Sending new door to dealer: will install the new door and paint. The dealer has an awesome in-house paint facility. I have found that involving the OEM manufacture directly along with Thor works the best.