We recently Purchased a 2020 Jayco Alante gas powered Class A motorhome.   The noise from the engine is so loud in the cab while driving that we can not hear the radio or book on tape clearly. Is there anyway we can possibly put in some installation to eliminate or deaden some of the noise. Has anyone else had this problem. Thank you for any and all responses and suggestions.

3 hours ago, jtlobo said:

installation to eliminate or deaden some of the noise. Has anyone else had this problem. Thank you for any and all responses and suggestions.

Yes many people have had the same problem. I did a search on this topic and found nothing on the forum, but several suggestions have been made here. I'm sure many will chime in to help. Meanwhile, welcome to the forum.

One thing to also check is the fan clutch.  If this device is stuck in the on position, it will add a sigificant amount of noise from the engine.  I had it happen more than once on my chevy chassis motorhomes.

It should only come on when the engine needs additional cooling such as climbing hills and slow traffic.

Edited by aztec7fan

Jtlobo, go on You tube look for Rv Streets videos. Martin has an entire session to sound proofing his engine cover along with many other helpful videos  Good luck.