Question

We are planning trip from Florida out west this summer. Part of trip will be from Williams Az to Arches National Park. The only two roads are either US89 or US191 from Az through Utah.   Can anyone suggest which road is more RV friendly? Have 32’ Winnebago. Either road offer wide roads and less switchbacks?  I’m not much for hanging over the side of drop offs.

7 answers to this question

5 hours ago, tcisodar said:

We are planning trip from Florida out west this summer. Part of trip will be from Williams Az to Arches National Park. The only two roads are either US89 or US191 from Az through Utah.   Can anyone suggest which road is more RV friendly? Have 32’ Winnebago. Either road offer wide roads and less switchbacks?  I’m not much for hanging over the side of drop offs.

Depends on how long you want to take to get there. 

I  almost always (if I am out that way) go to Las Vegas then I would go north on I-15 to I-70 then East to 191 south. This gives you many more things/places to see. Like Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon National Park, Needles District Canyonlands, there are 3 parts to Canyonlands. When in Moab go to Pasta Jay's.

Bill 

2 hours ago, manholt said:

I have been on both several times, as you can note , both WBill and I have 45' DP's and towing! :)

Carl has the big 45' coach I bought a small coach so I could get into tight places it s only 44' 11" I am glad I did because last year I was in 51 campgrounds in 21 states and never had a time I couldn't fit or find a place to stay.:P.

Bill

Edited by wildebill308

3 hours ago, wayne77590 said:

Wow! I must have a minivan at 42' 11"

I know what you mean. Someday I might git a BIG coach like Carl's. I will have to keep this little compact coach till then.

Bill

On 2/13/2022 at 8:37 PM, wildebill308 said:

Depends on how long you want to take to get there. 

I  almost always (if I am out that way) go to Las Vegas then I would go north on I-15 to I-70 then East to 191 south. This gives you many more things/places to see. Like Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon National Park, Needles District Canyonlands, there are 3 parts to Canyonlands. When in Moab go to Pasta Jay's.

Bill 

I agree with Bill.  Both ways are scenic, but i think the I 70 route is more impressive.  The canyons and mountains are beautiful.  Don't let the passes scare you.  Just gear down on the downhill sides to reduce or eliminate the need for much braking.

Enjoy.