meatman513

motorhome inspection question

I'm down in Florida from New York State and was wondering if anyone has stored their RV in Florida and how you got around getting the motor home inspected? Apparently in NYS you have to get it inspected every year to get re-registered so I don't know if there is another way to not have to drive it back up.

Thanks!!!

On 2/15/2022 at 4:26 PM, meatman513 said:

I'm down in Florida from New York State and was wondering if anyone has stored their RV in Florida and how you got around getting the motor home inspected? Apparently in NYS you have to get it inspected every year to get re-registered so I don't know if there is another way to not have to drive it back up.

Thanks!!!

PA has the same. Cannot speak about NY but in PA here’s how that worked.

Only enforceable in PA. If expired while in any other state it doesn’t matter, state law can only be enforced in the state that wrote the law.

If it expires while out of state, when you cross back into PA you had 5 Days to get the inspection completed (if caught with an expired sticker). You would have to prove the vehicle wasn’t in PA. 

If purchased out of PA, you had 30 days to get it completed.

PA inspection has to be completed in the Commonwealth by a certified Station by a certified mechanic.

On 3/18/2022 at 7:31 PM, jeautry said:

Looking for any local vehicle inspection stations for a Class A 34' motorhome in the Kansas City, MO area.

Where are you located in the K.C. area?

Richard

On 3/18/2022 at 5:31 PM, jeautry said:

Looking for any local vehicle inspection stations for a Class A 34' motorhome in the Kansas City, MO area.

Is it a gas coach? What brand chassis? I would think any large dealer that handled bigger trucks should be able to do it or tell you who does it for them. Let me know what you find out.

Bill