duanelin

setting up 2022 Silverado LTZ with LED taillights

I found out today that there is no way to wire up the taillights and turn signals direct to my coach. No one has produced  a  system to interface with the integrated electronic system that controls the rear lights..I had to purchase a wireless magnetic system

2020 Cornerstone

2014 Equinox or 2022 Silverado Duramax

Both with M&G Brake system

On 4/21/2022 at 7:46 PM, duanelin said:

I found out today that there is no way to wire up the taillights and turn signals direct to my coach. No one has produced  a  system to interface with the integrated electronic system that controls the rear lights..I had to purchase a wireless magnetic system

2020 Cornerstone

2014 Equinox or 2022 Silverado Duramax

Both with M&G Brake system

Have you tried Hopkins? This kit is for a 2021, doesn’t mention LED tail lights. Probably worth a phone call to their tech support for assistance.

https://hopkinstowingsolutions.com/products/dinghy-towing/universal-splice-in-diodes/55999.html

Joe

My mechanic tried Hopkins and Roadmaster  It is the wireing for the LED  taillights controlled by a board in the tail lights.. its a multiplex system

Duane

i saw one guys installation years ago where he added tail/brake light bulbs in the OEM tail/brake light housing. They and their wiring were totally independent of the factory wiring.

On 4/25/2022 at 10:06 AM, duanelin said:

Joe

My mechanic tried Hopkins and Roadmaster  It is the wireing for the LED  taillights controlled by a board in the tail lights.. its a multiplex system

Duane

Shot in the dark, did you try the selling dealer? I know Jeep makes a plug and play kit for their products, maybe GM offers something?

Chevrolet recommends to not connect into their vehicles lighting system. You might contact Dan's Service Center in Elkhart, Indiana at 574-262-4638 or info@dans-hitch.com. They have done work for me in the past and are going to install Air Force One, RoadMaster tow adapter, charge line with regulator, LED lights, brake away, and all wiring inside my 2022 Chevrolet Equinox. They are currently scheduling 6 weeks out. I have talked to some residents in Elkhart, and the concur with my experience that Dan's is a very reliable firm and do great work. 

On 4/26/2022 at 6:47 PM, rayin said:

i saw one guys installation years ago where he added tail/brake light bulbs in the OEM tail/brake light housing. They and their wiring were totally independent of the factory wiring.

I did that on my CR-V. I got the kit from Ble Ox but I didn't see it when I looked now. I would call them and see if it is still available.

Bill