dontayman001

Air desicate filter

It would be lots easier to help if you added your coach, it's year, make, model, equipment, toad, etc, to your signature.  Telling us it's a "Fleetwood" is not much help!😆

Edited by five

I think you will find it in front of the rear axle. Follow the airlines to find it. I have found that it is difficult to replace, and Fleetwood used two different manufacturers. So remove it before buying a replacement. 

That vintage XC, usually they are behind the rear axle drives side. The last one I worked on was a 2006.

11 hours ago, dontayman001 said:

Frieghtliner XC ,2007 diesel pusher, Bounder 35H.. Just looking for air filter..............

Just find the air intake and follow the air duct. It is a BIG cylinder and you replace the whole assembly. You could start from the outher end to start at the turbo and work back to the air cleaner. While you are doing this make shure all the  clamps are tight.

Bill

Depending on mfgr. it will look like one of these.  I would assume it is either a Wabco, Haldex or Bendix brand. The most important thing to remember is block under the frame and bleed away ALL air pressure before beginning to remove the filter, next important is cleanliness, any tiny  bits of dirt allowed into the main dryer housing can cause problems after reassembly. Clean away all road grime and dirt before trying to remove the desiccant filter.

Since it is a 2007 and evidently never been serviced, I recommend buying the entire rebuild kit, it contains items to rebuild all the valves in the dryer assembly (4), plus the filter cartridge.

How truck air dryers work - Australian Roadtrains

Edited by rayin