lawtonr

Coach Covers

Does anyone have experience using a cover over a coach for the winter?  If yes, were you pleased?  What features did you look for and what brand was the best?

If you are young and can get up on the roof and handle all that fabric when it gets inflated and acts like a head sail on a sailboat and wants to pull you off to the next county- DON’T

15 coaches, no covers

I used to cover our 40' 5er with a tarp, but you had to pick your battles. As the guys said, even a gentle breeze can easily get under the cover and pull you off the roof, and it happens so quickly by the time you realize what is happening it's almost too late. That's when I began covering the 5er when there was no wind, instead of when it was convenient for me.

I was 68 the last time that happened. It caused me to re-think using a cover over the 5er. I called and had a 60'x40'x15' pole barn RV garage built the next spring.  This year I'm 80, I still climb on the MH roof but without a parasail.

As ernee alluded to, they are designed to be outside.

Same here, no cover on any RV.  However from using partial covers on various boats, when talking about an RV...hard and heavy to get on the roof, hard to get on/off, wind either tears a hole in the cover or wears a spot on the RV, where to store it when using RV, expensive, no access to inside the RV (with most covers)....

i just finished covering my 35' Dolphin for the 2nd time since i bought it.  Anything i can do to protect the roof and the graphics from fading is ok by me.  my son helped me lift the cover up, then did the rest by myself.  i like this cover since its easy to install, and has zippers to allow access to inside the coach and the ladder.

20211130_133101.jpg

Edited by aztec7fan