david@measure-x.com

My pathetic experience with Wholesale Warranties

I knew I would be RVing away from my home area and knew little about all of the working components of my home on wheels. I purchased a warranty from Wholesale Warranties in 11-2019. I invested 7,374.00 in their Total Coverage plan to cover all of the working systems in the RV. Wholesale Warranties sold my contract to a company called Strategic Administration. They are a servicing agency for the recreation vehicle industry. I had a hydraulic line blow on my slide-out in Lewiston, ID. The repair bill was 1,400.00. The 7,374 I spent for Total Care Coverage covered repairs to the slide, except there was an exclusion to all hoses on the vehicle. They denied my claim. I had a hydraulic valve fail two weeks later in Canada. The bill was 609.00. I had a deductible of 100.00. They reimbursed me 302.00 because Strategic Administration uses Spader Labor Guide for paying labor charges. It doesn’t matter what the shop charges for labor. They only pay from the Spader Labor guide. I had to submit the claim multiple times. My experience with Strategic Administration’s customer service and claims over the last 3+ years was pathetic because I’m not their customer. Their contract favors the warranty company. You had better have every receipt and a maintenance log if you expect reimbursement on a major repair like engine, transmission etc. The Wholesale Warranty Total Coverage was the worst investment I made in my RV. I would not recommend them to anyone.

On 8/18/2023 at 7:25 PM, wildebill308 said:

That is why I self insure. Yes it would have cost me $2009.00 for the repairs not $9383.00. Sad you had this happen to you. 

Bill

Same here.

By law it is not a warranty, it is an Extended Service Contract/ESC. Since it is a contract with terms and conditions, it is most important to read the fine print before signing.  Another thing about an ESC; if you do not purchase the gaskets and seals rider and an engine  gasket fails, which ruins the engine, it is consequential damage and not covered.

Wholesale Warranties.com is an independent agent that handles multiple ESC companies, and match your preferences to a particular company. 

I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but hopefully you learned a hard lesson_read the fine print first.

I bought an ESC from Good Sam and never had a claim denied, I like to think it was because I took my time and read the fine print before signing. I was happy with my purchase.

Edited by rayin

I had a four year, $4,500 cost extended service contract from Wholesale Warranties that expired this past August 2023.   I guess it's fortunate but I "lost" money on that $4,500  cost as I had no major repair work needed.  The renewal from Wholesale Warranties was a whopping $7,500 for a three year extended service contract.  Wholesale Warranties told me the huge cost increase was due to much high labor and parts prices.  Not liking the offer, I'm trying the "self insure" route and will pay for repairs as needed.   I'll sell some company stock to pay for repairs if ever needed.